Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken coop plans

• 24-01-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi looking to build a chicken coop for 4-6 chickens, has anybody got plans which i can use??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

oldmcdonald.ie i just got the rough measurment and design and built one

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

any other idea's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I make them in the summer as a nixer.

http://www.adverts.ie/pet-accessories/chicken-coop-or-rabbit-hutch/210134

here is some pics. feel free to copy. I sold 14 last year and customers thought they worked out great.
    Especially for roosting .

Thanks gsxr1 but wasn't what i was looking for but after hr's of searching the net finally came across a web site with loads of ideas with this one I'm going trying .. other ideas just click on coop designs on the upper left

http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=53498-fivehens-coop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Thanks gsxr1 but wasn't what i was looking for but after hr's of searching the net finally came across a web site with loads of ideas with this one I'm going trying .. other ideas just click on coop designs on the upper left

http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=53498-fivehens-coop

3 8'x4' sheets of 1/2" treated plywood 75euro

6 8' 2x4 s 30 euro
    6 8' 2x2 s 20
    1 pack (33 ft2) shingles 35euro?
    2 packs weather-resistant 1.5" screws 10 euro
    1 pack weather-resistant 2.5" screws 10 euro
    1 sheet plexiglass, 24x18" 30 euro
    25 nuts, 25 bolts, 50 washers for securing plexiglass 5 euro
    3 secure latches: 1 for back (service) door, 1 for nest boxes, 1 for chicken door. 10 euro
    3 caribeaners to fit those latches

1 roll 1x1" welded wire for floor (the shorter the roll is, the less waste. 35euro

Alternatively, use what ever wire you use on a run or have lying around. 1x1 looked like a good size, though
    1 12x12" prefab "gable vent" 5euro
    6 hinges to go with the latches on the doors 30 euro
    5 (I think) 1x2" 8' long pieces of cedar for the trim no idea
    3 1x4" 8' long pieces of cedar for the trim
    2 quarts of primer for the interior
    2 quarts of exterior high-gloss white paint for interior
    2 quarts of cherry stain for exterior
    2 quarts of outdoor high gloss polyurethane for the exterior

I would just use ronseal fence paint . Its very good stuff.

Just prices of the top of my head. But they are at the cheap end.

It looks like a great project . I would love to build one but would never get the price of materials back on sale. Those ****ty flatpacks lads are selling at half the price. But last only one year. A stormy night has them in bits

• Advertisement

ya i know jesus building materials have gone through the roof everything just keeps getting more expensive, just after building a house and got a few lengths of timber and ply left lying around so should come in to some use, not much point in returning them when they charge nearly 15% restocking. also have insulation around if anybody's interested 3" and 1" kingspan 8*4 sheets

Advertisement