Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week end in Wexford

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

hi there, myself and my bf were thinking of going to wexford for week end in feb. neither of us have ever been there before. any tips on where to go/what to do/where to stay would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's a start http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056069067

You have a choice of hotels,Talbot and Whites are central,Riverbank just across the bridge,The Whitford and The Maldron on the outskirts plus a good few B+B's dotted around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Malerie

Lots to do here! If you stay in Wexford town, theres the shopping of course!!! And lot of bars and gorgeous restaurants, theatre, arts center etc. If you're in the car and driving around for the weekend, there's Ballycross Apple Farm in Bridgetown, Kilmore Quay is lovely and has a long stretch of beach. You can pick up some fish before you go home there too. Check out fishybusiness.ie There are lovely b&bs there to stay in if you don't want to stay in town. A lovely shop you have to try is The Forge in Baldwinstown which isn't too far from Kilmore Quay or Bridgetown. The website is nu2u.ie if you fancy a look. If you're that direction, Johnstown Castle is magnificient for walks and taking photos! Also, there's a great pub in Duncormick called Sammy's which is a funny little pub thats from yester year!! Lovely place and enjoy your weekend! I love living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

A walk in Curracloe beach is a must...get rid of the hangover after a night in the Stores!!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread but just expand it a bit and was wondering if anyone knows of a Wexford pub that would have live bands on Friday and Saturday nights preferably traditional ones in an old style pub. If any one is familiar with it T & H Doolans in Waterford would be the type of place I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

Wanna real treat?...then stay in Dunbrody House, Arthurstown. Top class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

@GEARS - not sure about finding a pub who will do trad sessions on friday or saturday nights.... sky and the gorund do them mid week along with t.morris ... i do know if your staying the weekend the stores do a trad session every sunday morning starting around 12 / 12.30 till about 2.30 or 3 o clock .. nice old style bar ....

the sky and the gorund "might" do somthing on friday nights in the very front of the bar but cant be 1005 ... they also do rock bands and stuff in the second bar as well but its a good vibe there and always a good crowd...

if i think of anywhere or find out ill post here by the weekend for you so check back on here.... most places do more charty stuff on weekends though .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Wanna real treat?...then stay in Dunbrody House, Arthurstown. Top class

but dont expect to be coming out feeling full if your going there for a meal.

Know of a few people who went there for a meal, paid through the nose, and ended up making sandwiches when they got home out of it. Not my idea of a good evening.

If I'm going for a meal i expect to feel satisfied coming out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

@GEARS - not sure about finding a pub who will do trad sessions on friday or saturday nights.... sky and the gorund do them mid week along with t.morris ... i do know if your staying the weekend the stores do a trad session every sunday morning starting around 12 / 12.30 till about 2.30 or 3 o clock .. nice old style bar ....

the sky and the gorund "might" do somthing on friday nights in the very front of the bar but cant be 1005 ... they also do rock bands and stuff in the second bar as well but its a good vibe there and always a good crowd...

if i think of anywhere or find out ill post here by the weekend for you so check back on here.... most places do more charty stuff on weekends though .....

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave The sky and Ground a call and they do have a session on tonight so thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

no problem gears - i havnt had the chance to find out any more... the sky and the gorund is a great little pub and ill be down there tonight for one or two myself... only bad point is its the only thing in that end of town really.... somost of the other good pubs n clubs are up the other end of town... still its wroth going in for the one or two or maybe the whole night... :)

oiche maith !

Advertisement