Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.i.L Dublin June 10

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Pil are playing a rare show in tripod on June 10, tickets are a recession unfriendly €44.50 and €48.50 plus booking fee. tickets on sale Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Lydon's topping up the pension fund again. Not enough money in butter these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Would love to go to this but gah, so expensive! Hope they play Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

This is not a love show. Man, that's dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

No chance I'm paying €50 to hear Death Disco played by a bunch of hired guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

He's a legend though and he promised to do at least a two hour show next time he plays Ireland under a roof.
    mrbungle wrote: »
    This is not a love show. Man, that's dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Couldnt resist - bought a standing ticket.

Really hope this is a good one .

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Lydon financed this reunion using money he earned doing a UK TV commercial for Country Life butter.:D "The money that I earned from that has now gone completely -- lock stock and barrel -- into reforming PiL

The current PiL lineup includes:

Lu Edmonds (The Damned),
    Bruce Smith (The Pop Group and The Slits)
    Scot Firth.

Both Edmunds (1986-88) and Smith (1986-1990) were previously in PiL, while newcomer Scott Firth has collaborated with Steve Winwood and Elvis Costello

PiL-s-current-lineup.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rocky8

Cannot wait for this gig!

What time do you think they will come on stage at? Any support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭aas

Keep in mind that this is who your money is going to - "If Elvis-****ing-Costello wants to pull out of a gig in Israel because he's suddenly got this compassion for Palestinians, then good on him. But I have absolutely one rule, right? Until I see an Arab country, a Muslim country, with a democracy, I won't understand how anyone can have a problem with how they're treated."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

aas wrote: »
    Keep in mind that this is who your money is going to - "If Elvis-****ing-Costello wants to pull out of a gig in Israel because he's suddenly got this compassion for Palestinians, then good on him. But I have absolutely one rule, right? Until I see an Arab country, a Muslim country, with a democracy, I won't understand how anyone can have a problem with how they're treated."

The problem with that being? I detest the Israeli government and their treatment of the Palestinians, but it isn't the ordinary Israeli man on the street, AKA the people who went to see him in Israel, who's committing this atrocities. I think Lydon himself summed it up when he said: "People of Israel, I support you 100%, as for your government, they can f cuk off." However, this thread shouldn't be derailed by this discussion, to the people going to the gig tonight, enjoy. I always did like a bit of the PIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

was a great gig ,,and he can sing very well i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

good show but €30 for a t shirt ? johnnys rotten with money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWJnMGYbYEI

His voice was incredible

Death disco unforgettable

Ari rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Did Rotten come out with any clangers?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Did Rotten come out with any clangers?:D

only on today fm on thurs - " we arent doin it for the money "
    yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

rocky8 wrote: »
    His voice was incredible

Great Gig. Tight Performance and intense at times
    2 hours.

Shame no Jah Wobble though,
    heard he was offered a grand a week to join the tour..humbug

Double shame it was 50 yoyos with ticketmaster service charge.
    what was I paying them 6 euros for?

Advertisement