Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering rent allowance

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, hope someone can help me.

I intend to ask my CWO this question but I'd like to be armed with some information first.

I am currently living in shared accomodation and on rent allowance. The maximum amount for rent allowance in Dublin in shared accom is 390 euro pm. The max for a single person living alone is 529 pm.

I can no longer live in shared accomodation, I am a mature student, renting from a young family with twin boys. I'm not exactly getting along with the landlord, I find it very difficult to study with the noise of the kids (even though they are absolutely adorable) plus I'm getting a bit too old to be sharing.

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer from shared accom to living alone and still retain the rent allowance, even though I would need extra rent allowance (of course the accomodation would be within the max rent rate for a person living alone) or would I have to find somewhere that is the equivalent or less than what I currently recieve, which leaves me with no option but to find another shared accomodation and I really don't want to have to do that.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Advertisement