Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

System restore advice

• 24-01-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I'm having problems with my laptop & want to restore it to factory setting. I know I'll need to reinstall MS office 2007, I have the cd and product key. I just wanted to know if I reinstall it will I use up the 3rdlicence on my cd? Or will it recognise that it was already installed on my machine?? I'm sharing office with my brother & he needs the 3rd licence for his netbook. I just want to be sure it's ok before I do it.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to Comp and Tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

That'll be the 3rd use. Found out the hard way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

This seems to be a common problem and a solution is posted on the net.
    It might be of help.

There's no avoidance of 'using another licence'. Just install it and
    activate it as usual. If Activation is refused, then you will be presented
    with a phone number you can can to get it activated. Just tell MS what you
    had to do. I assure you that this happens to hundreds of users all the time.

My recommendation is that after you have reinstalled everything and got your
    laptop back to 100%, you create a new image using something like Acronis
    TrueImage to an external drive and keep it as your new backup. Then you will
    not have to reactivate either Windows, Office or any other software you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

AFAIK you can install Office 2007 on desktop and notebook on the same license.

""1. OVERVIEW. These license terms permit installation and use of one copy of the software on one device, along with other rights, all as described below.
    2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
    a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.
    b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.
    c. Separation of Components. The components of the software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate the components and install them on different devices.""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

AFAIK you can install Office 2007 on desktop and notebook on the same license.

""1. OVERVIEW. These license terms permit installation and use of one copy of the software on one device, along with other rights, all as described below.
    2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
    a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.
    b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.
    c. Separation of Components. The components of the software are licensed as a single unit. You may not separate the components and install them on different devices.""
    That's only on certain licenses.
    You'll have to check this for yourself OP.
    Go to Word - > Help - > About M$ Word - > View The End User.........

Going by what you said with the 3 pack though, I sadly doubt that it would actually translate to Laptop+Desktop x 3 aka 6 keys, or at least Laptop+Desktop + 2 aka 4 keys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement