Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing non ucder to ucd event?

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

So I hear the Rubberbandits are playing in the UCD bar soon, my bf loves them but isn't in UCD, would I be allowed to bring him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

You'll have to sign him in, and be 'responsible' for him.

But yea, that sort of thing isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

And he'll need to bring ID

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    So I hear the Rubberbandits are playing in the UCD bar soon, my bf loves them but isn't in UCD, would I be allowed to bring him?

Is this actually happening or just rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

UCDSU facebook says so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Ents facebook says it aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I know a few lads in secondary school that saw Bill Bailey in UCD last year. I brought them to Hardy Bucks earlier this year as well. No hassle.

Rubberbandits will be playing the student bar I'm guessing, so its a different story with signing people in and stuff

Hardy Bucks, and as far as I know Bill Bailey were events run by a society. L&H did Hardy Bucks as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Rubberbandits will be playing the student bar I'm guessing, so its a different story with signing people in and stuff

Hardy Bucks, and as far as I know Bill Bailey were events run by a society. L&H did Hardy Bucks as far as I remember.

Bill Bailey was a joint event by l&h and lawsoc hardy bucks both years have been a lawsoc event on freshers week.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

gypsy_rose wrote: »

Rubberbandits are playing the the Student bar next Thursday yes, but the difference with this gig as opposed to any other is that it's being run as part of Seachtain na Gaeilge and there are NO tickets going on sale for it. The only way to get into the gig is to sign up for the NO Bearla campaign for the week and get a wristband. The wristband is the only way in. Only thing is, it costs €16 to sign up. It does get you a hoodie and free into all the other gigs that week, so it's a good deal but maybe not for only one gig...

That's what's being said at this stage anyway, no idea if it would change closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

I thought you could just buy a wristband for 2 or 3 euro and get in with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

RayCarley wrote: »
    Rubberbandits are playing the the Student bar next Thursday yes, but the difference with this gig as opposed to any other is that it's being run as part of Seachtain na Gaeilge and there are NO tickets going on sale for it. The only way to get into the gig is to sign up for the NO Bearla campaign for the week and get a wristband. The wristband is the only way in. Only thing is, it costs €16 to sign up. It does get you a hoodie and free into all the other gigs that week, so it's a good deal but maybe not for only one gig...

That's what's being said at this stage anyway, no idea if it would change closer to the date.

I hope it does, i was presuming it would be a lot cheaper than their gig in tripod (20 euro) and i doubt id be attending any of the other events, not because theyre bad, i just dont have time

What if you absolutely despise the Irish language?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I'd advise seeing a psychologist about your irrational dislike of a language.

It could be rational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

What are the chances of getting into Thursday Night Live if you're not a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    It could be rational.

Fear of words is rational? Unless of course you have xenoglossophobia?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Then dont participate in a SnaG event?

I'd imagine all the MC'ing will be in Irish, so you'd just die inside in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Was talking to a mate last year outside the SU last year (In English) They were wearing they're hoodie. One of the leaders of the whole Irish thing came over, butted right in and asked him (In Irish) why he was speaking English. Looked straight through me. Booggles the mind.

Personally I hate the mentality of some people who can't just let it go. Its a lovely language but stop ramming it down the school kids throats at least after primary. And its frankly useless in my opinion. Teach the kids the more globally useful languages like Spanish, French, German etc. It would stand to them so much more.

On topic though, RubberBandits should be good. Can't see the "ticketing" system going down too well. Repeat of the Ball?

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Fear of words is rational? Unless of course you have xenoglossophobia?

Hmmm, fear of a particular language is different from fear of words!

Pandora could have a rational dislike of the Irish Language.

I cant say i'm over bothered either way, because it's in no way relevant to the OP.

Advertisement