Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO confidential or not?

• 24-01-2011 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have a learning disabilty (dyslexia) and am wondering when you disclose this on your CAO will this be sent to my school?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

samboshy wrote: »
    I have a learning disabilty (dyslexia) and am wondering when you disclose this on your CAO will this be sent to my school?

The CAO does not contact your school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The CAO has nothing to do with your school. They don't share any information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Although they don't contact your school, I'm pretty sure a friend of mine had to get a letter from the guidance counsellor to prove she was dyslexic. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, so don't worry about it too much :) and if your dyslexia is very bad, you have the option of doing your exams on a laptop too

Advertisement