Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Tunnel Overcharging??

• 24-01-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I use the new Limerick Tunnel a few times every week and it is a Godsend! However, I frequently find that when I put the €1.80 in the basket, it comes up with an error, telling me that I owe an extra 10 cent even though I have paid €1.80. I'm not cribbing about having to pay an extra 10 cent but it is a pain in the ass looking for an extra 10 cent when you have paid the exact amount. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi Mrs.

There's a nice big thread in the Limerick City forum about the tunnel and people's gripes with same. There is a coin refund basket below where you throw your money, check there for returned coins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi Mrs.

There's a nice big thread in the Limerick City forum about the tunnel and people's gripes with same. There is a coin refund basket below where you throw your money, check there for returned coins
    Thanks Clareman - I know that strictly speaking that the tunnel is in Limerick (of course that is only because of a land grab) but loads of Clare people use it so I wanted to know their views.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I go through the tunnel twice a day most days and I have a tag, great invention, before that I used to throw money in the basket, used to kill me when I only had a €2 coin and there was a queue at the manned booths, but I'm a right arse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    I go through the tunnel twice a day most days and I have a tag, great invention, before that I used to throw money in the basket, used to kill me when I only had a €2 coin and there was a queue at the manned booths, but I'm a right arse :)
    Thanks Clareman, I never even noticed the coin refund basket. Going to get a tag now as it will make life much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thanks Clareman - I know that strictly speaking that the tunnel is in Limerick (of course that is only because of a land grab) but loads of Clare people use it so I wanted to know their views.

Land grab the tunnel is actually in Limerick City and County no Land Grab there im afraid.

• Advertisement

The river used to be the border and the toll plaza is on the Clare side, we'll forgive you considering you built the Gaelic Grounds and Thomond Park to suit us :)

Advertisement