Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Reading

Options
  • 24-01-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I have a meter reading issue. We have too meter readings one for day usage and one for night usage. We have been giving the big figure as the day rate and smaller one as the night figure. Thing is I believe that the bigger figure may be the night usage and smaller one the day usage (how can I tell???). I have storage heaters and am out of the flat from 8am till about 7pm. I am around on a Saturday and Sunday. Would it be possible having storage heaters that I am actually using more electricity during the night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi NoseyMike2010,

How one tells the difference between day and night readings is often contingent upon the model of the meter in question (on the new digital meters the interface is different). If you PM me your account details I should be able to clear this up for you.

In relation to your actual usage, it is of course possible that you are using more at night; however, without knowing more about your usage patterns (for instance, what you would use from 7pm until midnight, when the nightrate becomes active) I wouldn't be able to establish this. Please feel free to PM me further information.

To find out more about the tariff you are currently on, see here.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

One reading has a small number 1 in the corner and the other one has a smaller number 2 in the corner. Not sure what the numbets mean.

During the day i have tv on for 5 hours average, lights on in 4 rooms an average of 6 hours each, imursion shower on once a day for 10 mins, hot water on 1.5 hours during the day, cooker on an average of 1 hour. The mobile phone or laptop is on an average of 2 hours a day. The dishwasher is on 2 during the week and washing machine 1.

During the night the storage heaters come on, the tumble dryer is on for an average of 3 hours a week, washing machine 2 hours and dishwasher 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi NoseyMike2010,

Something you might find helpful is our online Appliance Calculator. You can use it to:
    • Estimate how much your home electrical appliances and lights cost to run
    • Compare the cost of using appliances in different ways (e.g. washing clothes at 40 °C versus 60 °C)
    • See the positive impact of using your appliances wisely (e.g. using a small ring on your stovetop versus a larger one)
    Cost calculations are based on a 61-day cycle, just like your ESB Customer Supply Bill.
    One reading has a small number 1 in the corner and the other one has a smaller number 2 in the corner. Not sure what the numbets mean.

The usual display format meter readings take is shown here. However if you wish to PM me the specific serial number of your meter and your account details I can have this double checked and confirmed.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement