Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones €30 - €50

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get myself a good set of headphones for my laptop, PSP and mp3 player. Bass is important but so are vocals, especially for movies. So here's the thing, there are sooooo many to choose from! I'd like some help, and a bargain if possible haha.

I've a lsightly large noggin so the over-the-head headphones as opposed to in-ear jobbies would be great. I've heard the Sony XB300s are very good for bass and electronic, but the treble is sorely lacking.

Any advice on this and other headphones...? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You can't go wrong with Sennheiser cans instead of in-ears.
    Shop to your budget, you can pick them up from 15euro to 200~300+

I've used cheap Sennheiser (15$) cans and they are multiple times better than €100~ in-ears. I'm sure this is the same for cheap Sony/(insert brand name here) cans but I don't have experience of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Thanks Kerbdog, any models in particular you'd recommend? Also,anyone knowa good deal? Again thanks in advance:)

Just shop to your budget :)
    Here is a random pair on Amazon.co.uk, but to be honest any pair of over-ear 'cans' are 10x times better than in-ear headphones so just shop to your budget and yea will be happy. Lots of review websites online too

Cheaper ones on Argos.ie. Maybe get the cheap pair, if yea like them save up for a pair of Sennheiser HD-595's (open back) or Sennheiser HD-280 (closed back) headphones. About €80-120 but for the price they are amazing IMO

Get these;

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5348846/Trail/searchtext%3ESONY+HEADPHONE.htm

They are fantastic. I broke mine recently and couldn't find a pair of the same, so went with some Philips ones in the same price range, and they're crap.

I've worn a lot of headphones (though I never wear in-ear ones, as they tend to hurt me) and those Sony ones are, in my opinion, fantastic headphones for getting about the place. I've a big over-ear pair of Sennheiser phones, that I use around the house, but I still often wear the Sony ones instead.

There's a bit of rubber on them that sits inside your ear (like in-ear phones), which can take a little getting used to, but definitely worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    ... to be honest any pair of over-ear 'cans' are 10x times better than in-ear headphones

Har har. Sounds to me like you've never had a correct insertion with IEMs.
    OP, you'd be better served asking in the Headphones forum, if I may be so bold as to say. None of the recommendations thus far strike me as particularly good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

If you're looking for affordable Sennheiser try these I have a pair and they're top notch excellent bass.

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

@Baza210: Could this thread be shifted to the Headphones forum please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Only the mods of this forum can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mgrev

Hey

This is a great site for headphones.

http://www.headphones.com

Theres loads of great info on there. I have got some great advise and then usually purchased on Amazon. You can get some decent cans or in ears for the price range you are looking for, my advice is to try some out if you can.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. I got Sony XB300 phones for €40, excellent bass, treble's a little restricted but the bass hits 5hz quite comfortably, and they double as ear-muffs. Maximum success!

Advertisement