Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight pit ll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

By all accounts on here and facebook this seemed to be a very good show with some good fights seen some pics and alot of guys are looking in top shape, some of the guys even at c class who arent getting paid just doing it for the love of the sport you can tell that they are definately putting the hours in the gym and it shows, anyone want to give their views for the guys that weren't there

Fight of the night
    Submission of the night
    KO of the night

FOTN - main event was rocking
    SOTN - be biased saying Darah Harts Armbar
    KOOTN - Colm Neils huge headkick after 11 secs.......this was K1 and not MMA but it was without doubt the KO Of the Night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Kal_El wrote: »
    No no just try to be neutral.

It's hard to be neutral in my case. Not because i have trained with these guys ( apart from last night ). However because I've now only been to 3 irish MMA events. As a fan i will base my opinions off the fights i see and write from there. At the end of the day, i write as a hobby to hone my skills for some future job in media. Fighthounds gets out to the local guys and i don't really care if I come out as biased. It just means those guys are the ones who impressed me more on the night.

Judomad wrote: »
    FOTN - main event was rocking
    SOTN - be biased saying Darah Harts Armbar
    KOOTN - Colm Neils huge headkick after 11 secs.......this was K1 and not MMA but it was without doubt the KO Of the Night :)

Agree on everything but the Sub, his was very good but Vilmars and Rafal's submissions were also top drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

johnjits wrote: »

The ****ebag choke was actually a scorpion crunch, which can break ribs.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

What the hell is a scorpion crunch? ****ebag choke sounds better to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I'm around a while and I've neither seen nor heard of a "scorpion crunch". I actually had to look it up on youtube there and realised some dude tried it on me a while back, and I think one of my guys was trying it for a while on the beginners til people just learn to posture. I don't think there's any shame in not knowing what some random internet "submission" from submissions 101 is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It's hard to be neutral in my case. Not because i have trained with these guys ( apart from last night ). However because I've now only been to 3 irish MMA events. As a fan i will base my opinions off the fights i see and write from there. At the end of the day, i write as a hobby to hone my skills for some future job in media. Fighthounds gets out to the local guys and i don't really care if I come out as biased. It just means those guys are the ones who impressed me more on the night.

Unfortunatly in media you can only be one or the other, a fan or a reporter. For example, espn werent going to hire someone to write for them the other night that is heavily biased in reporting to say shogun, for a job in media you need to be straight down the middle unbiased and base reporting on facts not your opinion.

Thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

I feel more annoyed with myself now that I see that video, Barry is right bad posture is the reason I got caught in the famous "scorpion crunch". All I know is that I took the guy down ending up in guard next thing I feel a sharp stabbing pain but we learn from our mistakes and I fully enjoyed the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

HERE IS THE SUBMISSION IN QUESTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKMkUPIB0Xw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I just thought it was called a body squeeze. Rearnakedjim has a particularly nasty one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

well done on show lads-was a success

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Hats off to all involved. A great show,great venue and great fights. I think perhaps Fightpit mma club itself, in still in its infancy and, still has a few issues to iron out but that will happen in time. The club is only up and running less than a year. I haven't heard anyone yet though with anything bad to say about the whole night. Looking forward to the next one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wayno

main event

viktoras kontrimas vs David blaszke
    Fight pit Mma. Vs husaria ft

http://vimeo.com/21360811

viktoras on the right of ur screen

david on the left
    Just got this on facebook
    and uploaded it on to vimeo
    bad footage i be getting the proper dvd this week

wayne

Advertisement