Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinks for baby shower??

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

Having a baby shower for a friend Thurs night. Can anyone suggest alcohol free cocktails for her?? And easy ones with alcohol for the rest??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seeing as you aren't going to be making anything too complicated, or anything that requires a bit of practise (I imagine the hand eye co-ordination will start to go towards the end of the night :D)
    I'd suggest with cocktails that are fruit juice based and vodka based. In that case you can simply leave out the vodka for herself. I picked vodka as its flavourless so the cocktail doesn't rely on it, same as with rum or dark spirts.

Take ole simple one is sex on the beach.
    Vodka, peach snapps, orange juice and grendine (use a plain peach drink for the alcohol free version)

Then add variety. Include a pineapple juice version, or mixed juice. mix up or buy some sugar syrup and colour it green or blue and use as an alternative to grenedine (if you can find it, sugar syrup and red colour).
    That's prob the best and most hassle free way, one or two spirts, two or three juices, and 2 syrups or flavours gives lots of combos.

Sugar on the rim of glasses also improves the whole look (or salt if you are doing margaritas)

Apple Vodka and sour apple, and apple juice and sour apple (alcohol free version) will stand in for simple Appletinis,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There was an article in the Times about it last weekend:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2011/0122/1224287756289.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Diary Day

I would just make one or two cocktails for the girl. There's only so many sugary drinks one can drink. It's really nice to have a nice glass with ice and lemon for her water too. I think non drinkers get shafted when it comes to presentaion of drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Cled

olaola wrote: »
    There was an article in the Times about it last weekend:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2011/0122/1224287756289.html

That's perfect! Thank you so much! Exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like to make something nice but nothing too fizzy and not a cup of tea! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i'm not a drinker but i hate drinking the same stuff all the time...

i find a glass with mint leaves and slices of lime and ginger ale is great, looks a bit like a mojito, is lovely and fresh....

try and have a few different bits and pieces that she can drink, nice apple juice and as already said here, water/soda water with plenty of lemon and lime slices prepared....

also have tea and peppermint tea on hand in case she fancies something like that...don't push her to have a drink in her hand the whole time either, when you're not drinking you just get full and don't need to drink any more...

• Advertisement
Advertisement