Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering 360 for XBLA only.

• 24-01-2011 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking at picking up a used Xbox360 to use just for some XBLA games. There are quite a few XBLA exclusives that I'd love to get my hands on like Trials HD, Fez, Super meat boy and Limbo.

Game are doing a deal on an old 20GB model with a game for E150, the manager said he'd give me some MS points instead of the game. So my question is, is it worth it? I have a PS3 already and there aren't any Xbox retail exclusives coming up that particularly interest me so it really would be ony for XBLA.

Is the XBLA worth it or am I a bit mad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmm I played a fair few of them and very few if any I'd replay after I finish them. So not like you can trade them im when done.

To get the best value they have frequent offers like the deal of the week on mondays and the recent EA sale...... but those are only available to gold memebers .

I'm not exactly sure what exclusives xbox has vs ps3 , limbo and shadowcomplex spring to mind as likely ones. Trials HS was another great one.

Is it worth it just for these ????? I don;t think so personally not just for those and there are very few exclusives in terms of standard games disc based these days.
    I'd be looking at spending more around €99 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I got my 60gb xbox 360 for €135 in gamestop with a half price game, €150 for a 20gb is a rip off, and 20gb i hear has more prob with getting RRD, that what i was told in gamestop anyway. More space for less monies, just puttin it out there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The XBLA exclusives thus far are:

Shadow Complex, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Trials HD, Splosion Man, Rez HD, Ikaruga, ilomilo, Perfect Dark HD, Geometry Wars, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, The Maw, Lucidity, N+, Comic Jumper and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

Some of these are on the PC too though.

In terms of the upcoming games there's also:

Fez, Radiant Silvergun, Torchlight, Ms. Splosion Man, Bangai-O HD, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Retro City Rampage and The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile.

As for whether you should get one for just these games, oddly enough I'd say yes. Some of these games are ****ing fantastic and really should be played. There's also the point that you're quite unlikely to only use it for XBLA games given the likes of Gears Of War, Mass Effect, Fable, Alan Wake etc.. out there which are available for cheap. Therefore also taking that into consideration I'd say most definitely get one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

+1 On what gizmo said, it's unlikely regardless of your current plans that you won't at some stage pick up a disc or two and Gears, Alan Wake and a few arcade titles is a nice healthy game collection IMO. But defo don't spend €150 on a 20GB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i think i saw the HMV in Cork selling a 20gb for 99 euro with a 1yr warranty...that was a while back though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement