Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog in Kildare.

Options
  • 24-01-2011 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey all,

Nearly two weeks ago my dog got out and unfortunatel couldn't make his way back. I live outside Athy, to the south of the town. The dog was spotted several times in Kilkea for a few days after his dissapearance, but by the Saturday, he wasn't seen after.

Until last Saturaday where he was possibly sighted outside Ballitore, on the small Dunlavin road, but by the time we got there, no sign of anything.

Hopefully, the dog is still well, and anyone in the South Kildare vicinity if you see him, it would be appreciated if you notify me..

The dog is a male Alsatian, with a enclosed picture of him a few year's ago, and he still looks the same..

Thank you.
    2rd9nkm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi John,

Sorry to hear this. Hes a lovely fella. I have one myself. Gorgeous dogs. There is an animals and pets forum here with a lost and found thread. You should post this there too. My brother lives in Balitore. I will send him the pic and get him to keep an eye out. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Dog Pound, Portersize, Ballitore, Co. Kildare.
    Telephone 059 8623388 (Operated for Kildare County Council)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

John, get onto the dog pount above immediately. You have five days from the the date the dog was picked up by the pound to reclaim him. If he was spotted in Ballitore, I'd be surprised if they didn't pick him up.

Seamus is right and don't take their word for it, go down and see for yourself. That pound has an extremely high pts rate and as a restricted breed your boy will be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭queenm

Is the dog chipped? They scan for that in the pound.

• Advertisement

Chips can be missed and I've heard on instances in pounds where they didn't scan so I wouldn't be taking the chance.

You are right - chips can be missed but I've seen them check and they do a full body sweep with the scanner in case it's migrated. I know some places are not very good but I have actually seen them check so would be pretty confident. Call them, they seem pretty nice, if always extremely busy, but surely their aim is to reunite owners and pets so would help if they can?

Seems that you've had a far different experience of them than me and hopefully that's the way things are done now.

However to be on the safe side if it were my dog I would be down there everyday checking and not taking the chance.

Honestly they were really pleasent to me and on a day that the phone never stopped while I was there and they had several callers to the door. I reckon they must have good and bad days like everyone but I was certainly impressed by what they do with what they have.

OP, I really hope you find your dog, I'd be lost without mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

A beautiful dog, I hope you find him asap.. Thats pretty scary, five days to claim your dog.. I didn't even know there was a pound in Ballitore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John Red.

Thanks for the info. Had no idea about a dog pound in ballitore, though the dog was possibly spotted outside ballitore, but will give them a buzz anyway, on the 4th day..

Sorry about the thumbs down, it wont dissapear lol

AFAIK, they're only in the office in the morning, they answer the phone all morning then go out all afternoon and respond to the calls. Except in an emergency I'd imagine.

Good Luck, I'm really crossing my fingers for you, please let us all know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John Red.

Made a mistake, portersize is the pound were in contact with, the ballitore part threw me off, and we have a connection to their through a friend..

Just worried that if it was him seen on the Dunlavin road, we'll have to spread out to Wicklow now..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Any luck with the dog. I really hope you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lucylu19

If he is not in the pound.. check the Kildare Animal Foundation. They are on Facebook.

Advertisement