Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 alarm fault - again!

Options
  • 25-01-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I replaced the battery in this alarm 2 months ago and all was well until tonight when "Code 14 - Call Engineer" popped up. The alarm panel is stating "zone 3 tamper" and it won't let me arm the alarm. I've checked all the windows in this zone and they are shut properly. The contacts all appear to be ok.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Dave,

This is to do with either a cover open on a device or a short circuit on the loop in question. Check all the sensors on that loop to make sure there are no loose cables in the devices or any of the device lids are loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Cheers Jason.

I'll check tomorrow as I've already woken 2 of the kids up by going into their bedrooms to check if the windows were closed. Wife is pretty annoyed at me.:rolleyes:

If you enter the engineer code, clear 13 will allow you test tampers on that zone. Just take the lid off one by one plus check the cable in the device to find which one is causing the problem. Clear 10 will show if the are any problems when your finished.

Clear 99 will exit you out of engineering.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Clear 10 will show if the are any problems when your finished.

Clear 99 will exit you out of engineering.
    Clear 10 is the log. Clear 11 shows anything open or any faults.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Clear 10 is the log. Clear 11 shows anything open or any faults.

Thats correct :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi Jason

Did the check as you suggested and found that one of the sensors had its cover partially removed. Popped this back in and alarm now aok. Now I have to find out which one of my kids was messing round with it:mad:.

Many thanks again for the help.

David

Your welcome David,

If you ever have any problems you know where to get help :D

Advertisement