Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink from Argos black, blue and 2 Yellows!

Options
  • 25-01-2011 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi there, have a story for ya!
    I needed ( and still need ) ink for my printer, so I found "cheap" in Argos in Limerick, paid by business visa, when I started to install them ( 4 colours in pack) in to a printer I found out that I have 2 yellows, 1 black and 1 blue. No red. Never had such a problem before...
    So I double-checked them with tissue and took them out from printer, to bring it back to a shop to replace it.
    In a shop I was told that it can`t be true and I`ve put second yellow by myself in there! Why would I do that? So they refused to return money or replace it.
    I said to myself, neverevereverever to shop in Argos again!
    So people be aware, how they make money! Selling crap..
    I hope I`ll find another customer with 2 red ones in pack :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just write a letter to the manager should be sorted for you, you've been the victum of the many chancers the staff have had to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Or simply email their rubbish English customer care saying how you were treated and your intention to proceed to the small claims court if your claim is not handled properly, give details of the people you have been dealing with already in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Make a complaint to Argos management - don't drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Taty666

Thank you all, I`ve send an email to Argos customer service and also send complaint to Consumer Agency.
    Will see what happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Taty666 wrote: »
    Hi there, have a story for ya!
    I needed ( and still need ) ink for my printer, so I found "cheap" in Argos in Limerick, paid by business visa, when I started to install them ( 4 colours in pack) in to a printer I found out that I have 2 yellows, 1 black and 1 blue. No red. Never had such a problem before...
    So I double-checked them with tissue and took them out from printer, to bring it back to a shop to replace it.
    In a shop I was told that it can`t be true and I`ve put second yellow by myself in there! Why would I do that? So they refused to return money or replace it.
    I said to myself, neverevereverever to shop in Argos again!
    I hope I`ll find another customer with 2 red ones in pack :)

I just thought the 2 yellows would have the same exp date, this would make it less lightly you could have added your own yellow to the pack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just as an aside. I agree you have a genuine complaint in this case but that statement is a bit OTT. The vast majority of items in Argos are fine. I have found their returns policy excellent in the past, no quibble and very polite.
    Yes, you have a case but don't tar all their products with the one brush please.

I didn`t expect this kind of problem from Argos, I`m still in a shock, it`s so silly, but fact is fact, why they just don`t except that it is possibility to get 2 yellows and replace it or even say, well, I`m sorry, but it happens but we can`t replace it? In policy it is clear about " item is not as described " and why would I have to give up my money? BTW no one answered from Argos yet... I got phone call from Consumer Agency yesterday.
    I was happy with Argos before, now I have Before and After :)

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I just thought the 2 yellows would have the same exp date, this would make it less lightly you could have added your own yellow to the pack.

Couldn`t fine any exp dates on them, even on the pack. But if they have full batch from supplier, they all can have the same exp date.
    Thank you for an idea anyway.

Just wanted to make an update:
    Got an email from Customer Service:
    "Thank you for your e-mail regarding your ink cartridges. I am very sorry that on this occasion, you did not receive the standard of service that you should expect. Whilst we never like to hear that anyone is less than satisfied with either the product they have purchased, or the standard of service received, we do appreciate knowing where we need to make improvements, and I assure you that your comments will be investigated. I have passed your comments on to the relevant department. Please return to any of your local Argos stores, with the cartridges and a member of our staff will be happy to help you further. If you can inform me which store you would like to return to I will also contact them before you visit the store. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Would you believe it? Now they are talking!
    I knew it should be replaced, but staff didn`t wanted to,for some lazy reason. Now I`m happy to deal with Great Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Just wanted to make an update:
    Got an email from Customer Service:
    "Thank you for your e-mail regarding your ink cartridges. I am very sorry that on this occasion, you did not receive the standard of service that you should expect. Whilst we never like to hear that anyone is less than satisfied with either the product they have purchased, or the standard of service received, we do appreciate knowing where we need to make improvements, and I assure you that your comments will be investigated. I have passed your comments on to the relevant department. Please return to any of your local Argos stores, with the cartridges and a member of our staff will be happy to help you further. If you can inform me which store you would like to return to I will also contact them before you visit the store. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Would you believe it? Now they are talking!
    I knew it should be replaced, but staff didn`t wanted to,for some lazy reason. Now I`m happy to deal with Great Service.

what store in lim did u buy it in i no a few management der as i manager in 1 myself ill let them no

• Advertisement

It was Childers road Limerick and I will return it to the same shop. Hope I`ll get good one.
    Thank you!

Advertisement