Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pringle & Labour

Options
  • 25-01-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Prob a bit late with this, but it seems that Labour have tried to get Thomas Pringle on their ticket for the general election, and he turned them down... any suggestions who'll they'll try to get to run next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll tell you what lads (for the benefit of others there are 2 posts removed which cant be seen now) you can talk all you want about the topic at hand but leave others out of it.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Is big Frank running on the Labour card again?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

Is big Frank running on the Labour card again?

heard him on highland yesterday, don't think he is their man this time.

OUR LOSS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

OUR LOSS
    :eek:

• Advertisement

:eek:

i know some folk who contacted him with problems, after having exhausted efforts with a few other councillors. frank stepped up to the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

OUR LOSS
    That would be debatable.

The same could be said of any politician for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

OUR LOSS

I don't know the man personally and base my opinions on him solely on his appearances on tv in the run up to the by election and from those anyway it would appear it is of no loss as he came across as an arrogant, loud mouth, bully.

I couldn't have seen him having any real chance, no matter how slight, of picking up a seat anyway largely because of those appearances with his only votes likely to come from his own locality. Though on saying that transfers could have helped him greatly.

I'd say the reason labour approached Pringle was because of the shame I assume Franks campaign brought to the party but want a similar candidate who would be known mostly for putting in a lot of work in his own locality holding their interests to the highest regard as opposed to that of the country, good ould parish pump politics eh?:p

I don't know the man personally and base my opinions on him solely on his appearances on tv in the run up to the by election and from those anyway it would appear it is of no loss as he came across as an arrogant, loud mouth, bully.

I couldn't have seen him having any real chance, no matter how slight, of picking up a seat anyway largely because of those appearances with his only votes likely to come from his own locality. Though on saying that transfers could have helped him greatly.

I'd say the reason labour approached Pringle was because of the shame I assume Franks campaign brought to the party but want a similar candidate who would be known mostly for putting in a lot of work in his own locality holding their interests to the highest regard as opposed to that of the country, good ould parish pump politics eh?:p

he definitely could do with a wee bit of media training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Labour party should be ashamed of themselves, steal all Franks ideas on the economy (€8 bonds anyone), then try to dump him..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement