Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sneezing after quitting

Options
  • 25-01-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all
    I quit on the 1st of January. 24 days off them so far. Think I am over the worst of it (for me anyway...everyone is different I think). The issue I have is bouts of constant sneezing.
    I feel like I have a cold since I quit but I put this down to my system clearing out. Sometimes at random points of the day I just can't stop sneezing.
    Is anybody else experiencing this? It's very bloody irritating

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

rushian wrote: »
    Hi all
    I quit on the 1st of January. 24 days off them so far. Think I am over the worst of it (for me anyway...everyone is different I think). The issue I have is bouts of constant sneezing.
    I feel like I have a cold since I quit but I put this down to my system clearing out. Sometimes at random points of the day I just can't stop sneezing.
    Is anybody else experiencing this? It's very bloody irritating

Off them since saturday with no nrt and have the same symptoms with runny nose and head cold feeling it's called quitters flu and I know very little about it apparentely it's quite common but there seems to be a lack of good info on it on the net.

I had tried giving up before with nrt with good results for a few weeks a few times with no ill feelings.
    Last time like this time is cold turkey and I got this "quitters flu" it's damn annoying and I felt so crap last time I went back smoking but not this time I dont care I'm sticking with it.

I came to this forum to see can anybody offer some info on quitters flu eg How long does it last? Is there anything you can take to lessen the efffects?

Advertisement