Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen - Nissan Skyline R32 92TS2878

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Long story guys but this Skyline was swapped by a friend for a car that turned out to be stolen and was impounded by the Guards who are doing there own investigation.

The car it was swapped for was a 99 Lexus TRD which came with keys, tax book ect...

So we are now trying to track down the Skyline before it gets stripped or ringed,

001evo.jpg

1992 Nissan Skyline R32 2.0 Turbo,
    Porsche Blue, originally white.
    GTR front seats.
    Large Front Mount,
    After Market Bodykit,
    16'' White Nismo Alloys,
    Candy apple red Front Strut Brace.

REG: 92TS2878

Please help guys before its too late, last knowin where abouts in Galway.
    We are situated in Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Ah thats a **** thing to happen.. Will keep an eye out.. Hope it turns up...curious to know how they got tax book.. Best of luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RossDonegan

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Ah thats a **** thing to happen.. Will keep an eye out.. Hope it turns up...curious to know how they got tax book.. Best of luck..

Cheers mate. Doing everything possible. :) Apparently the Lexus was stolen from a body-shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I'll keep an eye out for it too.
    No doubt license plates will be changed and it's doubtful that the car will even be in public view.

I'am assuming that you struck this deal/exchange at the side of the road or a car park?

Unfortunately its a lesson learned to late for you, but I would always travel to the vendors residence or place of business. Not to do so is a bit naive.

I'll keep an eye out for it too.
    No doubt license plates will be changed and it's doubtful that the car will even be in public view.

I'am assuming that you struck this deal/exchange at the side of the road or a car park?

Unfortunately its a lesson learned to late for you, but I would always travel to the vendors residence or place of business. Not to do so is a bit naive.

Cheers mate.

I agree unlikely to be seen again.

Yupp deal was struck in a car-park, not mine a friend of mines but I agree an expensive lesson learnt.

Cheers for keeping a look out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

You should really look at other avenues to explore yourselves.
    The cops have limited resources and unless the theft of your mates car is a part of a bigger criminal operation I wouldn't expect a positive result in their investigation.

Long shots but.......

Google whatever phone numbers, reg numbers any other details you may have relating to these guys. It's possible these details have been previously used in associated operations. And the internet is a great log of information.

Examine how you made contact with the vendor.

Was your friends car advertised in a paper or on-line.
    If so, try to contact owners of other similar cars who were advertising their cars for sale at the same time as your friend was selling his car.

It is possible that these other car owners were also approached by these guys, and maybe a lead is to be found here.

• Advertisement

You should really look at other avenues to explore yourselves.
    The cops have limited resources and unless the theft of your mates car is a part of a bigger criminal operation I wouldn't expect a positive result in their investigation.

Long shots but.......

Google whatever phone numbers, reg numbers any other details you may have relating to these guys. It's possible these details have been previously used in associated operations. And the internet is a great log of information.

Examine how you made contact with the vendor.

Was your friends car advertised in a paper or on-line.
    If so, try to contact owners of other similar cars who were advertising their cars for sale at the same time as your friend was selling his car.

It is possible that these other car owners were also approached by these guys, and maybe a lead is to be found here.

Good advice. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Keeping an eye out in Galway for it

Posted this up on the SXOC too for more to see it :)

Col200sx wrote: »
    Keeping an eye out in Galway for it

Posted this up on the SXOC too for more to see it :)

Thank you appreciate it.

Guys who are members on other forums can you please spread the word.
    Its currently on,
    Boards.ie
    StreetLegalIrl.com
    SXOC.com
    Handa-Haven.com
    DriftIreland.com

Appreciated, just post a link to the thread so I can follow it see if theres anything.

Please spread the word

The Lexus was stolen in Corrundula Galway so I presume Skyline is knocking around somewhere up there.

Could be anywhere though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

Unfortunately there are a lot of these scams going on around the country at the moment - cheap deals, done in car parks or alleyways. Always go to an address, be it a home or an office/dealer.

Basically if it looks too good to be true, then it IS.

Sorry to hear you fell afoul of one such scam... Harsh lesson, and an expensive one unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'll keep an eye out too, what a ****ty thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Hopefully it arrives back safe and sound.
    contact elite autos in headford they deal in jap sports cars for breaking just incase someone tries flogging parts to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

A similar thing happened to me before, only it was Pokémon cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

wow that's awful, maybe post up in galway county and mayo/roscommon forums.

will keep an eye out, best of luck in locating the car

magentas wrote: »
    wow that's awful, maybe post up in galway county and mayo/roscommon forums.

will keep an eye out, best of luck in locating the car

Already have.

Cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1546007

not the same car?

(i doubt any thief would be so stupid to place it on done deal, but who knows)

softmee wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1546007

not the same car?

(i doubt any thief would be so stupid to place it on done deal, but who knows)

Not the same, its the newer model of my mates. If you look at the pic I have you'll see the lines are alot more straighter in the R32 and the R33's are alot more rounded.

Either way really appreciate everyone trying to help.

No news yet guys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry for your friends loss of the car but I refer to your 2 copy threads in Motors and in Modified Cars for discussion.
    You have 4 threads going in various forums which in considered spamming boards.
    I've let this stay open for a while so people can see it but now the two threads in Motors will have to suffice.
    Hope car is found.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement