Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Burton on Vincent Brown

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Did she drink way too much red bull or was it that she just didnt want Joe Higgins to speak.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I noticed she said that anyone who invested in Anglo was reckless.

That's Mr. Bruton and Mr. Noonan off the christmas card list, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

After her SHAMBLES of a performance right now on Vincent Browne - I would urge all Labour supporters to contact Labour HQ, Quinn and Gilmore and DEMAND that this childish banshee is removed at once. She is doing huge damage and will put loads of people off voting for Lab is this is the sort of utter nonsense she will continue to inflict on us throughout the election.:eek:

Email that she needs to be replaced by either Quinn or Rabbitte. Otherwise she will be one of the main reasons Labour will lose a lot of votes.

GET MOAN OUT NOW:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

To be honest she has gotten bad example for Vincent Browne himself as he is always interrupting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I caught about ten minutes of it and then the stream died but good god did I see enough. She just would not shut up and came across as a lunatic. She's currently trending worldwide on twitter at the moment. Hooray for Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

She is acting like a fool!

Headwrecking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Didn't see it. Did she mention FDR and Pearl Harbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

She really lost it. Untold damage done Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

While a lot people don't like the Vincent Browne show it is really showing some of the politicians for the true people they are.Tonight Joan Burton came across as a loud mouth school yard bully that wouldn't give Joe Higgins a chance to speak and continued to jibe at him throughout the show and if anyone said anything at all negative to her she spat the dummy out big time.She proved how capable she is at lying and trying to blind sight the public in her attitude and replies to Eamonn Gilmore's remarks on the late late show.Is this the strong politician that is going to help get Ireland out of this mess? Today labour are not doing themselves any favours on the run up to the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

She's a complete embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭selfobsessed

Vincent Browne's show is always a circus let alone Burton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Labour are blowing it on a daily basis now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That was cringeworthy stuff. I really do worry if people like Burton are left in charge of this country. This GE is like a campaign of who is least bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ADHOnA21

She was terrible, absolutely terrible. She talked about coming from a working background and education was the key. It would appear she needs to learn some basic manners. It is very hard to believe she could be taken seriously. Good luck with that one Eamon!!!

Maybe Cowan's comment in the dial was not so unfair after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Joan now trending on twitter.

It's gone global!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

bcmf wrote: »
    Did she drink way too much red bull or was it that she just didnt want Joe Higgins to speak.

maybe now people will realise just what a clueless clown she is.

she acted like an 8 year old, cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Harangue - Verb: Lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner.

Pretty much sums up Joan Burton's style of political discussion.

It was an amazing moment when Brown quoted the transcript of Gilmore on the Late Late Show and she started to argue that Brown was misrepresenting what she said about what Gilmore said. Laughable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I would urge all Labour and floating voters to contact The Director Of Elections and the man who should be Labour Finance SP - Ruairi Quinn on this issue. Moan needs to be moved to Enterprise. The thought of her as FM is extremely off-putting to many people. She is a huge liability. Action should be taken in this regard. Link to email Quinn.

http://www.ruairiquinn.ie/?page_id=4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Joan was really crap. She even tried to play feminist card at one point.
    Labour have falled apart already in Laois Offaly as many of their member have left to join Joe.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0112/1224287329655.html

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Well... i pretty much have no one left to vote for now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wess

Joan Burton was typical of someone who has waited too long in the wings to enter Government, and now finally believes that the golden chalice is within her grasp.....she's letting off all that pent up stem! For God sake keep her and the labour party,and all partys out of government....we want a change from this crap! would you agree Boards people?

Wess Vote independents!

• Advertisement

That whole show tonight was a farce,isn't it always like that.
    Simon didn't play to VB's usual trolling style of debate and came off well I think.
    Joan was just being human,she forgot herself and let herself go as if the camera's weren't there.
    Betwixt and between,she made her points in the vb show inimitable way
    Quite funny.
    Style as well as substance and not the usual boring presentation,I like this irreverancy,I must say.

Relax folks,look at this in a bigger way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

She was brutal but Coveney was as bad - insipid and clueless.

The cosy Finance Bill pact both FG and Labour have pulled off this week is not going to do them any favours at all.
    The country needs balls not subterfuge and electoral tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Simon Coveney wasn't much better tonight. Those 2 ( Coveney and Burton ) are representing the parties that will lead us out of this mess. Really? Is that the best we have??

FG and Labour know they are the next govt and this is really boiling my píss as they clearly think they needn't try very hard at all.
    I'm leaning to use my vote to elect a vociferous opposition - and that's SF and Independent (depending) at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I didn't see it but I hear it was a pretty abysmal performance. Joan strikes me as someone who knows her stuff but doesn't really know how to communicate effectively. Gilmore might want to put a leash on her. Saying that "untold damage" has been done is a bit much though. Labour will not suffer too much from this so long as they learn from their mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    She's a complete embarrassment.

^^^This. very childish and immature carry on from her. Throwing out the chauvinist card at Joe Higgins was a low act. Joan, it's not cos you're a woman but because you're a loud mouth bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

Joan was an absolute eejit tonight. I was struggling to consider voting Labour, but she has made my mind up for me.

Browne did not only expose her blatant lie, but exposed the truth that this is what they all do - they all come on shows like his, give all the usual bladder, whatever is in the party's interest above all, and lie if they can get away with it, and if it suits the party.

Can't believe I'm actually considering voting Sinn Fein. They sound like the only party that wants to stop the gravy train. Although I can't trust any of these stupid parties, to be honest.

In the end, I'll probably just vote independent.

I didn't see it but I hear it was a pretty abysmal performance. Joan strikes me as someone who knows her stuff but doesn't really know how to communicate effectively. Gilmore might want to put a leash on her. Saying that "untold damage" has been done is a bit much though. Labour will not suffer too much from this so long as they learn from their mistakes.

I agree she hit the target numerous trimes in the Dail versus Lenihan but the show of herself and her party she put on tonight will damage Labour over the next few days.
    Saying that, it's a long campaign and I doubt it'll matter a lot on election day unless it's repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Any links to this yet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Joe Higgins a sexist?
    No Joan, women are equally entitled to be complete arseholes as men, as you've proved tonight. How could anyone vote for that sort of lunatic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement