Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Burton on Vincent Brown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

gandalf wrote: »
    To be honest she has gotten bad example for Vincent Browne himself as he is always interrupting people.
    Contrasting the zero times he interrupted Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Mezcita wrote: »
    Any links to this yet?

A small clip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Same story as earlier on the Front Line. Ask a politician scumbag any direct question and they "answer" this is about jobs or some other guff. Any specifics and they get slaughtered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

martic wrote: »
    A small clip

And there was an hour and a half of that...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

I have it Sky+'d, It's the 101 on how not to debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Voltwad wrote: »
    Contrasting the zero times he interrupted Higgins.

Browne dosen't interrupt Higgins because he's idealogically closer to him than the other two on the show.

Moan was awful but then she's always awful, Apres Match portrayed her perfectly last summer.

Joe Higgins seems like a decent guy but his policies are off in la-la land regarding burning the bondholders completely, his are the politics of protest but he's got no real idea of realpolitik and pragmatism.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

To be honest she has gotten bad example for Vincent Browne himself as he is always interrupting people.

Stop making silly excuses for Moan of Arc. Brown is not putting himself forward for election

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Behind her horribly media-trained exterior, she is a very bright, knowledgeable politician but I agree that Labour would do well to hide her for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

That whole show tonight was a farce,isn't it always like that.
    Simon didn't play to VB's usual trolling style of debate and came off well I think.
    Joan was just being human,she forgot herself and let herself go as if the camera's weren't there.
    Betwixt and between,she made her points in the vb show inimitable way
    Quite funny.
    Style as well as substance and not the usual boring presentation,I like this irreverancy,I must say.

Relax folks,look at this in a bigger way.

Your having a laugh... She was a joke. This mouth repersenting us in Europe... Are you serious about her making her points. The only point she made was I am a little spoiled child and I want my Merc now

Joe Higgins seems like a decent guy but his policies are off in la-la land regarding burning the bondholders completely, his are the politics of protest but he's got no real idea of realpolitik and pragmatism.
    Neglecting the fact that there would've been no bank guarantee to get Ireland into this mess in the first place if someone like Joe Higgins was in charge.
    Pragmatism seems to be the excuse to screw the country again after somebody ripped us off and got away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

We live in extraodrinary times so perhaps extraordinary measures are what we need.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Neglecting the fact that there would've been no bank guarantee to get Ireland into this mess in the first place if someone like Joe Higgins was in charge.
    Pragmatism seems to be the excuse to screw the country again after somebody ripped us off and got away with it.

Look, I don't like the bank guarantee either, I don't appreciated being saddled with the reckless debt of others, the guarantee was a stupid move but it happened.

The next government will have to decide what to do in the circumstances that exist now. If the bondholders are completely burned where does the government find 20 billion or so to fund health, education, social welfare etc? I've not heard Joe give an actual straight answer to that when he's been asked.

If the bondholders are completely burned where does the government find 20 billion or so to fund health, education, social welfare etc?
    Sell the NAMA assets?:D

What's the answer to all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wildswan

the guarantee was a stupid move but it happened.

They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

I'm sick of this crap about a mistake. Rich people changing the rules when they lose the poker game. Who are the long list of bondholders really being baled out here?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Sell the NAMA assets?:D

I bid 10 euro!

wildswan wrote: »
    They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

I'm sick of this crap about a mistake. Rich people changing the rules when they lose the poker game. Who are the long list of bondholders really being baled out here?

I said it was a stupid move, I didn't say that it wasn't a cynical one that was trying to save their buddies in the FF tent at the Galway races.

Carrollj wrote: »
    What's the answer to all this?

I kept coming up with 39, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

martic wrote: »
    A small clip
    Cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wildswan

I said it was a stupid move, I didn't say that it wasn't a cynical one that was trying to save their buddies in the FF tent at the Galway races.

Sorry didn't really mean to aim that at you! Venting at the b**tards.

Just pissed off they seem to be getting away with it :)

Man I wish it was about 300 years ago, I'd be sharpening up a shiny new guillotine ;)

Btw so as not to be off thread, Burton was really funny on VB tonight. Higgins played it like a pro too tho :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The past week has snuffed out any hope I have for this country - a banana republic run by morons, for morons:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It's The Tonight Show with Vincent Browne, not "The Tonights wobbler thrown by Joan Burton Show!".

What was she on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's The Tonight Show with Vincent Browne, not "The Tonights wobbler thrown by Joan Burton Show!".

What was she on :p

Er - "The Tonight Show with Vincent Browne" ?

What do I win ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

She looked like she was on something when she berated VB early in the programme and told him to stop "Haranguing" him. It certainly worked and she quietened VB for the first time ever. Then the 'something' wore off and she could not stop haranguing Vincent and especially Joe Higgins beside her for the next 30 minute sor so.

Her first 10 minutes were the best 10 minutes she ever had on VB. The next 30 minutes were awful. Trainwreck TV or Ballymagash Urban Council discussing dogpooo in the mainstreet.

VB mainly ignored her after midnight until she seemingly had another hit of 'something' and calmed down.

Imagine that thing at a cabinet meeting without its supply of 'something' . The country would collapse within a week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

With respect to her politics i find her a very hard women to listen to. I am always reminded of the bit in Dumb and Dumber just before they poision the chap with the burger and rat poision. You remember when they are sitting in the car and they make the irrating noise.... Well there you have it Joan Burtons voice....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ou remember when they are sitting in the car and they make the irrating noise.... Well there you have it Joan Burtons voice....

The Labour Party spent so long coaching her and making her media friendly and able to sound rational and reasonable ( well maybe for 10 minutes not a VB "Extended" show) . She had really upped her game in the past 2 years.

And then the 'something' wore off and we got her absolute worst performance of all time. Car Crash TV 101.

If any Labour media spinners are reading this then print this out and stick it on Joan lads :D

7857_0b0f.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

It got to the stage that Constantin Gurdgiev was agreeing with the Trotskyite Joe Higgins
    Apart from his analysis of the cuts, Higgins is 100% spot on exposing the hipocrisy of the Opposition! #vinb

It felt like the end of days. I expect to see in the news that dogs and cats have started marrying each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

the part when she referred to Higgins spat with Barroso made me laugh the loudest. Something along the lines of '....maybe its because you are a Trotsky-ite and Barroso is a Mao-ist'.
    Or when she wondered out loud (and from what I could make out was just a random comment inserted for no real reason) @ Higgins.... 'how shall we address you your mep-ship...'
    Dear oh dear.

Fg have managed to hide Enda away maybe it s time for labour to do the same with Joan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Joan has exposed the Labour party for what they realy are, A bloody joke and i wouldnt trust them to run a tuck shop let alone irelands economy, People wake up and smell the bull**** from Gilmore-joan ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement