Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Burton on Vincent Brown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Do you just dislike her in general or can you point me to other instances similar to Monday?

I mean to ask - how is Joan out of her depth? I think her insight into where the economy has gone wrong is excellent - point out to me where it hasn't been?

I had not properly decided before Monday night but no man would be allowed to get away with that sort of childish behaviour. The suggestion she made that Higgins is a sexist was the last act of someone out of her depth. She was then told she was trending on Twitter, never a positive thing in the immediate aftermath of a show like that, and she had this smarmy smirk on her face. She has made a few appearances on Prime Time and has never instilled confidence in me. It's such a shame as well because Rabbitte and Gilmore come across quite well in television debates.

It's all well and good reciting other people's opinions in the Dáil but that isn't a good way to work looking to the future. Can you imagine Burton attempting to renegotiate some of the bailout fund with the EU;
    Olli Rehn, "Ireland owes the international community 86 billion euro."
    Burton, "What is your point? What is your point? What IS your point?

I emailed Gilmore yesterday, hopefully he will reply to this first time General Election voter.

She's been on the show quite a lot. I'd honestly be surprised if she didn't prepare, as she usually does.
    It's simple really, she was working long hours and she was tired - that's about it, really.

Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

This is being called HarangueGate.

Is there a wikipedia page on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Do you just dislike her in general or can you point me to other instances similar to Monday?

I mean to ask - how is Joan out of her depth? I think her insight into where the economy has gone wrong is excellent - point out to me where it hasn't been?

Give me a break she answered every question asked as "labour are for jobs for small businesses..." she mentioned this at least 5 times..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Anyone heard this yet? gift grub on today fm, fantastic stuff and pretty much sums up how Joan the Screaming banshee comes across.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekday...Gift-Grub.aspx

Enjoy, i did!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Anyone heard this yet? gift grub on today fm, fantastic stuff and pretty much sums up how Joan the Screaming banshee comes across.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekday...Gift-Grub.aspx

Enjoy, i did!

Your link doesnt work and you would perhaps be better served in AH :rolleyes:

Your link doesn't work and you would perhaps be better served in AH :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, you need to elaborate!

Anyway try this http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Gift-Grub.aspx

If this is too much of a task, take the time to visit the Today FM website, search for shows, click on the Ian Dempsey Show, search for POD CASTS and after this exhausting chore, click on the Vincent Browne pod cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm, you need to elaborate!

Anyway try this http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Gift-Grub.aspx

If this is too much of a task, take the time to visit the Today FM website, search for shows, click on the Ian Dempsey Show, search for POD CASTS and after this exhausting chore, click on the Vincent Browne pod cast!

What would be the benefit to me in doing that, the reason i havent heard it is because I dont find that show entertaining, not becasue i dont know it exists but because its not my kind of humour.

So seeing as i deliberatly dont listen to the show why would i go there now?

Will listenting to mario rosenstock give me some sort of political insight or just light entertainment? (this is why i believe your link belongs in AH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The women is a tool. If she was a man she would still be a tool. How is this still running at 15 pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The women is a tool. If she was a man she would still be a tool. How is this still running at 15 pages?

How many is she? :eek:

By the way, is this the sort of language we can expect from the ULA canvassers on the doorsteps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would love to see her in a debate with Richard Keys and Andy Gray !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Benito

ebbsy wrote: »
    I would love to see her in a debate with Richard Keys and Andy Gray !

You are just being wicked now! Haven't followed the Sky sports thingy but, I watched her performance on VB and I was really pissed off. I have heard negative posts online about her but, her performance was disgraceful that night. Don't want to listen to that again.

What would be the benefit to me in doing that, the reason i havent heard it is because I dont find that show entertaining, not becasue i dont know it exists but because its not my kind of humour.

So seeing as i deliberatly dont listen to the show why would i go there now?

Will listenting to mario rosenstock give me some sort of political insight or just light entertainment? (this is why i believe your link belongs in AH)

Time to lighten up a little, I am am a regular viewer of Vincent Browne who in my mind is excellent at doing what no other broadcaster manages to do, RILE POLITICIANS.

Perhaps i am not permitted to see the funny side of Joan's quite appalling performance during the week. I apologize sincerely for attempting to see the funny side of here eccentric outbursts, I shall now go and sulk for the weekend.

You talk about Political insight? the only insight i got out of Simons and Joans performance was that their Parties are cowards, get the bill passed and past the buck!

One does not have to be a regular listener of Gift Grub, indeed i am not, that said it was an amusing skit.

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

She's been on the show quite a lot. I'd honestly be surprised if she didn't prepare, as she usually does.
    It's simple really, she was working long hours and she was tired - that's about it, really.
    Not good enough.
    Ah come on now, it's not like she'll be expected to cope with long hours on a regular basis if she's part of government... :rolleyes:

If Brian Cowen comes across tired on TV, Labour demand an election because they perceive him to be incompetent. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah LAB, what goes around comes around, time to 'hide' Mad Joan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Labour need to do some serious damage control on Joan Burton, especially from tomorrow onwards if the front page of the Mail is anything to go by.

FD1sOo%3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I can't believe she would have ok'ed this with the party leadership before giving quotes to the papers.

So maybe a spell on the backbenches awaits her. Might have cost herself of a chance being a minister in any future government.
    Or maybe not but she will be called to a meeting with HQ pretty soon to be reined in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What a miscalculation. The public generally don't like cries of sexism, especially when there's no sexism. A few hard questions and she blames sexism. This is just ridiculous.

Strangely she has said nothing about sexism since Monday. Perhaps she's aware of the devastation the interview has had on her career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now Martin is making noises about 'supporting' FG the current game plan is obvious. FF want to intercept transfers from Labour to FG and certainly Fg to Labour. Replacing Joan with someone sympathique as Depity and someone competent as Finance spokesperson is a priority...maybe not the same person and neither named Joan Burton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

bcmf wrote: »
    Joan Burton on Vincent Brown

There's an image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

Dionysus wrote: »
    There's an image.

No chance, according to Sunday's Mail.
    If true, Joan can't stop digging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Mail On Sunday is running with a story that Joan Burton has called Vincent a "Sexist Bully" after her performance on the show.

What the feck is she up to?

http://twitpic.com/3unhe2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wide Road wrote: »
    No chance, according to Sunday's Mail.
    If true, Joan can't stop digging.

Is it in any actual newspaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Walk into a newsagent on Sunday.
    "Mail On Sunday" is the paper. Check the heading on the front page.
    It is an actual newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

In the Joan Burton piece on the Mail on Sunday there is a funny little bit where they deal with internet suggestions, suggestions Joan had a few drinks before she went on the show.

She shouldn't have talked to the Mail, it makes her look silly with all her accusations, she said she was 'harangued'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Min wrote: »
    In the Joan Burton piece on the Mail on Sunday there is a funny little bit where they deal with internet suggestions, suggestions Joan had a few drinks before she went on the show.

She shouldn't have talked to the Mail, it makes her look silly with all her accusations, she said she was 'harangued'...

She was harangued at the start by Vincent Browne, but then she spent the rest of the time haranguing Joe Higgins. What an eejit. Well done to Joe Higgins for keeping his cool.

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Probably not the point but if Joan has been fueling this story it only highlights the womens naivety. Vincent can be accused of many things but sexism is certainly not one of them. Joan ****ed up badly on her appearance on the show, her behavior was bizarre, the one amazing thing about this incident was the fact that Joe Higgins is normally adapt at winding up other politicians, for once he was the innocent party. Finally we got to see the side of Joan which always concerned me! CLUELESS. She clearly tried to jump on the hottest media subject at the moment, Key's and Gray's departure from sky sports.

I look foward with glee to Vinny's response to Joan's allegations!

Feeona wrote: »
    She was harangued at the start by Vincent Browne, but then she spent the rest of the time haranguing Joe Higgins. What an eejit. Well done to Joe Higgins for keeping his cool.

Can't wait for the Rubberbandits new Single "Harangued Battleaxe"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

I see Labour is down 11 points according to Sunday Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fg-despite-enda-may-form-government-alone-2516785.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement