Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Home" Tuam

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I am looking for information on "The Home" in Tuam, a mother/baby home. It was part of the original Tuam Workhouse. There is little to no documentation on this place. I have a relative that was born there in 1937. If you have info, please let me know. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Hi Heidiresk

I am not sure but maybe someone in The Old Tuam Society might be able to help or point you in the right direction. I'll try and get a number or email address for you and I'll pm it to you.

Good luck with your search.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

a girl living in that area undertook a masters degree on the home a couple of years ago;
    if i can get further info i'll pm you;
    also contact the editor of the tuam herald for assistance, he's involved in the ots (old tuam society);
    try the tuam branch of galway county libraries via the galway county council website

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heidiresk

Thank you for your suggestions. I have been in contact with a woman, Catherine who is working on this in Ireland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Bagels is right the contact for the old Tuam soc is the Editor of the Tuam Herald.

Advertisement