Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a J1 while on erasmus/working in America without a J1

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am looking to work in America for the summer but at the moment I am on exchange and will not be able to make it home to do the American embassy interview to get a j1. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Such as doing an interview in a foreign embassy? I have tried emailing but haven't got much responses. Alternatively, does anyone know of anyone who managed to find work without a visa? Is this difficult? Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

All I can say is that finding a job without a visa is a terrible path to go down. If you ever get caught working illegally, you'll pretty much be ruled out of ever getting a visa in the future.

Advertisement