Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted in Mayo

Options
  • 25-01-2011 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey guys and girls am new to this so i recon id give it a shot.. have been in castlebar area for a while now playing music and noticed there's a lot of tallent in mayo and the surrounding areas, so i would like to start up an original/covers band. with that im looking for the following people to contact me.drummer, bassist, vocalist,guitarist, i have 20 years experience as a guitarist and cover a lot of different instruments. so if you are interested please get back to me via pm-private message and we can organise a jam. please no time wasters.update

genre-rock, blues, original and covers.

for those that replied so far thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Could you edit the Title, please. Put an "s" between the u and i .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ThePath

Could you edit the Title, please. Put an "s" between the u and i .

yeah but whatever u do dont put an 'i' between the c and a....

/facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hmm, based on a quick Internet search, Muican appears to be a Romanian surname so it's possible the OP is looking for Romanians in Mayo. On the assumption that they are in fact looking for musicians, I've edited the thread title. Please let me know if you need it changed back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mayo_man

well i did state that im new to this not like you guys who seem or appear to have a better handle on advertising here, but please if your interested in the thread as a [B]musician not as a Romanian leave me a pm and i will get back to you.. i just don't see the feedback so far as being really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mayo_man wrote: »
    well i did state that im new to this not like you guys who seem or appear to have a better handle on advertising here, but please if your interested in the thread as a [B]musician not as a Romanian leave me a pm and i will get back to you.. i just don't see the feedback so far as being really helpful.
    You're right, it's not particularly helpful in terms of finding musicians but if it encourages you to proofread what you write before you submit it then it will have achieved its aim.

Don't forget there is a Test forum that you can use if you're just trying out features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 assoos

Hiya I;m getting on a bit played drums for years but out of practice but wouold love to play again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mgguitar

assoos wrote: »
    Hiya I;m getting on a bit played drums for years but out of practice but wouold love to play again

Hi I'm a guitarist, I also play a number of other things, and i'm a teacher. I'm located in Mayo.

I have a number of projects on the go, and I've hooked up with a songwriter in Galway. He's very good, and we are both around your age.
    It's early days for our collaboration, and we are looking for a drummer.

The work may be sporadic to start with, but I have other projects in the pipeline, which may be of interest.

I've e-mailed my partener about your ad, so he may also contact you independently. If you're interested get back to me and we'll have a chat.

Incidentally examples of my partners work can be heard at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=614872

Pehaps you could PM me

Thanks Mark Griffiths

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Hi,i play bass and sing backing vocals also,have my own gear and transport,Claremorris area,keen to play gigs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sean michael laming

vocalist and guitar player living in tulsk co.roscommon. pm if intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Guitarist with vocals currently doing a one man band thing. would be interested in a "proper" band.

• Advertisement
Advertisement