Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA shorts from th US

• 25-01-2011 4:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey just wondering has anyone bought MMA shorts from the US

I got a pair that were meant to be 30 waist and the label says 30 but no way are these goina fit me by looking at them id say i would be at least 34

anyways the long and the short of it is there a size difference between here and the US?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Shouldn't be, 30 is 30 inches, US inches are the same as everywhere else.

If it was S,M,L than I'd expect US sizes to be bigger than europeans in some brands. But, no idea about the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

thats exactly what i was thinking unless he gets them in thailand where i bought shorts that were 30 and not a fear of them been 30, 34 was the size that fit me...
    im waiting on the fat or denial jokes!
    but in ireland im 30 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I got a pair from the States last year. Can't remember the size (or don't want to) but they fitted grand.

What was the brand? Mine were Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I ordered sprawl shorts from the uk mind you, I asked for size 30, they sent me 32 but they must of been really a size 26 as they could just about get up my leg!

i dont know i assumed 30 inches was 30 inches all over the world unless there knock off's from thailand or something, they dont feel like the regular material that my other shorts feel like...
    they are contract killer shorts

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

You could just be incredibly fat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Ive bought about 10 pairs of shorts online from the usa, tapout/sprawl/warrior, and all fit like they should, sooo i dunnoooooooo?!

You could just be incredibly fat?

I thought that months training back in August was all i needed!

I think the wrong label must have been sown onto them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shovetmed

yea i ordered fightgirl shorts before and were bigger than i expected despite checking size guide. american inches are different apparently!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I think it's common knowledge and well established that 30inch waist american jeans (presume same for other clothes) are bigger than 30 inch waist european clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

shovetmed wrote: »
    american inches are different apparently!!
    No, they aren't
    I think it's common knowledge and well established that 30inch waist american jeans (presume same for other clothes) are bigger than 30 inch waist european clothes.
    I only ever bought t-shirts, jumpers in the states, and sizing was different.

But I'd never expect jeans to be off. If they were labelled, S/M/L maybe,
    But inches are inches (unlike pints, gal. etc)

Advertisement