Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fry in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

in my opinion there is nowhere in Galway city to get a great fry up I have eaten in every major establishment in the city and they are all just ok and never consistent so I stopped goin for one and now opt to make my own at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Galway Arms is awesome free refill pot of tea and toast. Best fryed eggs Ive ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

biko wrote: »
    Yeah Frends ftw :) Also sometimes they have meatballs for lunch, fantastic meal.

Where is this place you speak of? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

listenup wrote: »
    in my opinion there is nowhere in Galway city to get a great fry up I have eaten in every major establishment in the city and they are all just ok and never consistent so I stopped goin for one and now opt to make my own at home

Same as that- last three all Ireland final sundays I've made breakfast before pub- healthier and much tastier imo

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Gourmet Tart Co. Salthill

Collerans Full Irish breakfast - €8.95

Rashers, Sausage, Pudding, Tomato, Fried Potato, 2 Eggs & Multi-seed Bread with a choice of any Tea or Coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where is this place you speak of? :)
    Place is here.
    You can find more info on www.frends.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Gourmet Tart Co. Salthill

Collerans Full Irish breakfast - €8.95

Rashers, Sausage, Pudding, Tomato, Fried Potato, 2 Eggs & Multi-seed Bread with a choice of any Tea or Coffee

That seems to be pretty serious value.
    Must give it a try some morning I'm in need of that sort of fillup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

+1 for frends on the tuam road. Always a great place for a full irish breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Homeplate is a great fry and somehow tastes healthy too!

Frends is over-rated in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Birroc wrote: »
    Went there once with someone else. Their 'bacon' was literally just the tails from mine :rolleyes: the coffee was the only good bit.

Reminds me, there's that place up the road from CPs that does a fry and coffee for a fiver. The breakfast is awful but the coffee is fantastic so I guess a fiver for a good coffee with a bit of crap grub thrown in is quite good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

am surprised with the hate for Finnegans/O'Riodarns on this thread- if I were to go for fry these be places I'd go. Their fried potatoes are hangover heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pepeeee70

ther used to be best fry in cafe du jurnal...years ago...in quays street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Birroc wrote: »

Yeah I haven't been to Homeplate in years. The pasta bolognese is supreme but the breakfast is class too. Small menu and small place but lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

The Huntsman does a lovely fry, was in there recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danzdan

Lohans in salthill. I eat there once a week. Hasn't failed to deliver a good breakfast yet. Reasonable to. Comfy seating down the back. Great for kids to. They use collerans sausages and pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Went to O Riordans after much appraisal. Massive portions, awful food.

Homeplate is the best in any city.

Okay that's it. I'm going to have to try the home plate for breakie. It's been mentioned 1 to many times. So it must be good. I'll give it a wack. What's Sundays like. And what time does breakfast finish there normally?

Don't think they open sunday Danzdan, sorry dude.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Don't think they open sunday Danzdan, sorry dude.
    Well holy moly. What happened to the Sunday fry up. Suppose I'm cooking breakie in the mornin then. Tesco sausages aren't bad all the same. Especially the jumbo ones. Slow fried with bacon,eggs mushrooms, tomatoes black and white pudding, hash browns , mc Cambridges and a mug a strong tae!!!! Lol

Lohans wouldnt be a bad spot for a sunday fry up, they use collerans meats and its a good size.

Homeplate is a just a greasy spoon type jobbie, only open monday - saturday. It is a quality fryup though.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Lohans wouldnt be a bad spot for a sunday fry up, they use collerans meats and its a good size.

Homeplate is a just a greasy spoon type jobbie, only open monday - saturday. It is a quality fryup though.
    I'll give it a wack mid week so. Not one for fry ups mid week, I was reared on the Sunday fry up. It's what makes it special.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement