Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Dr Yoosuf Ismail

Options
  • 25-01-2011 9:17am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dr Ismail who was a GP in Rush (and previously in Skerries as well) passed away last week.
    I knew him professionally and he was a dedicated and forward thinking GP.
    There were times in the past past 10 years when he was "on call" for his patients 9-6 Mon-fri and every second night and weekend as well.
    He gave many decades of service to the people of NCD and was not the money driven caricature many people seem to have of GP's.
    RIP and condolences to his family.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm sorry to hear that. He was a nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

I broke my collar bone on a Sat afternoon about 20 years ago. My normal GP who I wont name, looked out his sitting room window to see me crying in the back of the car and pulled the curtains. Dr Ismail was only too willing to take a look at me, safe to say we never used that GP again!

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

he was my gp from the time i moved into rush. he was a very nice funny man. got a medical done by him and ill allways remember him sayin when he was checkin my eyesight '' you shouldnt be doing alarms, you should be a flippin airline pilot'' i could never figure out what his nationallity was, never thought of askin him. R I P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Sounds like they broke the mould after him.RIP, Im sure he will be missed.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

i could never figure out what his nationallity was
    I always presumed he was Pakistani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I always presumed he was Pakistani.

Mrs WA has just informed me that he was South African.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I personally found Dr Ismail to be a thorough gentleman and a very capable doctor.

I was saddened to hear of his death and I would like to extend my condolences to Dr Colette and the family.

May he Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

After seen many different doctors i can safely say he was the best i knew of, also in his surgery all the doctors are high standard and i put that down to him not accepting less than he expected from himself..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr Spock

I would like to echo everything the other posters have said. Dr Ismail was one of a kind. He was an excellent doctor, prepared to go above and beyond the call of duty, he was clever and you could always rely on his sound and sensible judgement, I would have trusted him above any other GP.

He came to Rush when there were no other "coloured" people around and put up with the usual nonsense until people got to know him and his excellent qualities as a doctor.

What people may not have know was that he had a wicked sense of humour and would giggle like a naughty child when something made him laugh.

His patients will miss him, his family and friends will miss him even more.

RIP Dr Ismail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Kevin Thorp has a nice article about him in Rush & District News!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Was saddened to here his wife died yesterday- Dr collete. Hard to believe the two of them are gone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

RIP Dr Colette.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 samanthaandtom

Both Dr Ismail & his wife have been our family's doctors since the early 80's in Skerries. It is with great sadness that they have both died and in such a short space of time as each other. They will be greatly missed. Deepest sympathy to their daughters.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Both Dr Ismail & his wife have been our family's doctors since the early 80's in Skerries. It is with great sadness that they have both died and in such a short space of time as each other. They will be greatly missed. Deepest sympathy to their daughters.:(

+ 1.

RIP Dr Colette.

Advertisement