Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVC HM300 Camcorder Any Good ? €209..

Options
  • 25-01-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

My Mini DV camcorder has finally given up the ghost , tape loads but nothing appearing on the lcd screen and nothing on the tv screen when connected via the AV lead .. I suspect it's the ribbon cable inside , a search online said this sometimes happens and would cost too miuch to repair .. I still have to borrow one off someone so I can copy the stuff I filmed recently onto DVD but that's another problem . If anyone has one with AV outputs in the Kerry area they can lend me for one day please let me know .

I've decided to buy a SD card compatible camcorder with a HD resolution , the SD makes it easy to shove the card into the laptop and backup/edit anything I've filmed .. Internal Hard drives aren't really what I'm looking for .

Argos have the JVC HM300 for €209 , and I wondered has anyone any experience with it ?

I was looking online at the Panasonic SDR-S50 but I can't find the specs for picture quality/resolution anywhere , and another post said picture quality was dreadful .

I won't be making any hollywood blockbusters with it , just holiday footage etc. but I want the best picture quality possible for the money .

Somewhere online said the JVC wasn't/was truely INTERLACED or something and this affected the overall picture quality .. It got confusing .

My budget is about €200 , and any other suggestions around this budget would be welcomed , no more then €250 though .

thanks .

Advertisement