Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation near DCU

Options
  • 25-01-2011 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on accomodation near DCU. I went for a viewing in Shanowen Hall and Hazelwood Apartments yesterday.

Shanowen Hall was a dreadful site even by student accomodation stantards! The apartment was filthy, all the furniture was broken and the landlord was rather rude even with his limited command of the english language.

Hazelwood apts. were nice. Clean and spacious with decent furniture. The only downside is the distance to DCU. Its next to the IKEA complex in Santry which is a 20 minute walk / 10 minute cycle.

I haven't viewed anywhere else as i didn't have the time although I did notice another apartment block called Shanowen Square. It looked a damn site cleaner from the outside than Shanowen Hall did. Does anyone have an opinion on this place?

I've lived in student accomodation before and know what to expect. My biggest concerns are proximity to DCU, cleanliness and of course your opinion. Are there more apartment complexes available in the area?

Thanks,
    0din.

Comments

Advertisement