Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible issue with posting

Options
  • 25-01-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Odd one, may or may not be an issue...

I thought I'd posted in this thread. When I looked at the thread again, my post wasn't there, so I thought maybe I'd closed the window without hitting submit. I've done it before. :/

But then I posted in this thread, except that my post didn't appear. That's happened before too, usually I refresh the page and it appears. But it didn't. So I went back, submitted the reply again and was told it was a duplicate of one I'd already posted. When I went back to the thread, my post still wasn't there.
    So I submitted it again, same message about duplicates, but then my post appeared.

So maybe nothing, maybe some issue with DB mirroring/balancing, just flagging it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Someone was doing some username changing this morning. That can lock a DB slave for anything up to 5 minutes. You probably caught a DB after it locked up but before it was automatically removed from the pool for being too far behind the master.

This is a known bug deliberately stupid design decision and unfortunately it can't be fixed without major surgery on the PM system. That's a priority to fix, but there are a good few other things that need to get sorted beforehand.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement