Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ceiling / Joist method of Fixing

• 25-01-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

I'm Building a Garage for my Son with an office upstairs. He has full planning permission and it's almost at first floor level.
    My question is can the 225mmCeiling/ Floor Joists be set into the Block work on either side. Then I will continue with the Block work to the Apex. I know I will have treat the ends of the Joists first. That is the way I have always seen it done.
    But someone told me that you are not allowed to do it that way anymore.
    My son is a stickler for it being totally compliant with Regs. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You should be looking at using restraint type joist hangers - see page 2 of this doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Thanks, Muffler for the link. some good advice on there. I searched through our Environ regs and could find nothing.

Advertisement