Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to get a domain

Options
  • 25-01-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a domain name secured by someone who has it but does not seem to use it for much, I have tried a facility on go daddy to see if they will sell it, maybe they are using it for e mail or something, anyway this domain would be handy but I dont know how owns it or how to go about asking them for it/making them a small offer.

Anyone got any advice, the go daddy approach was paid for by me but it was ignored by the domain owner.

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Have you tried whois?

http://www.whois.com/

input the url and it will give you the registration details and usually email and phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have yes thank you for the suggestion, there might be places or brokers that are honest that deal with this type of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Several companies offer this kind of service. The bigger players are very reputable and since they are "neutral" they can usually get the domain at the best price

Advertisement