Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logged in yet not Logged in

Options
  • 25-01-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,
    I've searched for an answer in the FAQ but am still a novice navigator and am floundering in the muddy waters here. So after s sea of nautical references, here is my dilemma. I log in, read a post, but when I go to reply, page keeps telling me I'm not logged ion, so I log in again, and go back to the same page telling me I'm not logged in. Yawn. Yet if I go look at another topic, I'm logged in! Until I try to post a reply! Help! I'm being driven to the drink here.... :~(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

A bit of a weird one alright.

a few questions:
    1. what browser are you using?
    2. do you have cookies enabled?
    3. any examples of this happening in a particular forum? (you can obviously post OK seeign as you posted here so it may be forum specific read but not write permission)
    4. are you accessing the site through a proxy (from a workplace for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IndigoBlue

Thanks for getting back to me.
    1. Using IE 8
    2. Did have cookies enabled, have now expanded acceptance
    3. It was in a particular forum, Diet & Nutrition, I was trying to add a post on veggie products. I was able to post on another thread though.
    4. Not accessing site through a proxy.
    As soon as I logged into the home page just now and went to the list of forums, it looked like I wasn't logged in again! Grr. Haven't tried any posts yet apart from this, but did manage to post before todays problem occured so it may be just certain forums.

Thanks again for the help

Advertisement