Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for 30th Birthday venue in Ennis?

• 25-01-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering if ye can help me pick a pub for my 30th birthday session. I'm not originally from Clare and haven't been out much in Ennis since I moved here, I don't want to pick a dud of a spot.
    Ideally someplace late opening and lively, but not Knoxs on a Saturday night type busy. If they do food then all the better. There'll be a few travelling long distances to it who've never been out in Ennis so I'd like to show them a good time.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

Most places will lay on food for you if you are going to be guaranteeing them a crowd.

Off the top of my head.

Charlie Stewerts - might be a bit young for a 30th, big bar, usually nice food, DJ. I think it's a late bar.
    Lucas's - more a pint and a chat rather than a party bar, have seen them get food in before (from Enzo's I think).
    Faffa's - again they get food in (from Brogan's I think), private room in the back for parties.
    O'Halloran's - once more, food in, don't know from where maybe restaurant upstairs, DJ, I think it's a late bar.
    The Brewery - late bar, private room, do food as well.
    Knox's - you've covered :)
    All Bar One - usually have a live band I think, don't know anything else.
    Yolo's - see other thread :)
    Queen's/Cruises - late bars, usually do finger food I think, often give passes to nightclub.
    Ciaran's - Usually get food in, might have trad music, again it's a pint and chat type of place.
    Brogan's - do their own food, might have live music
    Diamond - think they get food from Brogan's.

Outside of the town you'd have Johnno's and the golf clubs to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Clareman did a fairly comprehensive guide there :) but just be a little careful where you book if you want anything more than cocktail sausages :eek:

I've been to a few parties in the Cloister lately as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I forgot about the Cloister and anywhere across the bridge, oops, I guess that might be a reason for why they aren't busy anymore :) I would imagine that the Cloister would be a good spot for a ladies 30th party.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Thanks a million for that lads. Cloisters sounds like a good option. Seems like an investigative drinking tour might be in order to be sure to be sure though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

I've been to two parties in Brogans a 40th upstairs (private party you'd want a good big crowd) and 30th downstairs can't remember if there was music or not which is probably a good sign:o

I've heard recently that the Cloister is dead (think it might have been here on another thread where it was mentioned only five people rattling around). Patricks also seems to be one of the "in" bars at the min - no late drinks tho and not sure about food.

I would suggest a pre birthday night out - scope a few bars just to see what the atmosphere is like and if it'll suit the guests - good excuse for a few drinkies;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Thanks lads, did a bit of a crawl (purely for research purposes of course ;) ) and have booked Patricks. They'll have a band playing anyway and they're going to do some finger food and I can bring in a few sandwiches to be handed out if I want. Looking forward to it now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

All we need now is the date and the invite:D:D:D

Advertisement