Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Smartphone with good Camera Bill or Prepay??

Options
  • 25-01-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

As the title says , Im looking for a mobile with a decent camera . I used to have a Sony Ericsson K800i. Great Camera for a 3mp. Think the flash made it so good.

Im thinking maybe nokia or sony Ericsson again. not mad on the idea of touchscreen either :D

Any Recommendations

Thanks,

SF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Think the Nokia E5 is around that price and it has a dual led flash.

You'll struggle to find a phone with a Xenon Flash like the k800i.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Don't really like the design of that phone TBH .

Well if I could a get a mobile with similar quality picture it would be great. I was looking at the Nokia 6700 and Nokia X2?

Both have 5mp camera? But as good as that looks on paper. my own experience has being that even 5mp camera can be S***

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The 6700 is one of the worst phones on the market, don't touch it. The Sony Elm has a led flash and 5mp and it's well within budget. The e5 as someone also suggested would be another good choice.

Cool, Thanks ..just searched that nokia phone on this forum and theirs alot of negative comments about it, in particular the screen is supposed to be break easy enough.

I actually just changed my mind. Prob will end up going on Bill pay with Meteor.

looking at HTC Desire HD or Nokia N8? Wondering about the camera? I hear some of the cameras are these phones are poor when the camera is shaking?

Cheer

SF

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

I bought a Nokia N8 a few weeks ago because I wanted a smartphone with a good camera. I'm happy enough with it in general but have to admit I'm slightly disappointed with the camera. I think it's because I'm changing from a Sony ericsson C905, excellent photos and good phone too.

• Advertisement

i'm very impressed with the camera on the iphone4, video is also excellent. If your going bill it's probably the one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

If the camera is your main concern, then the N8 is the one to get. The camera on the N8 is the best on the market, without question. Only the iPhone 4 comes close, but its images are heavly pre-processed with oversharpening and a warm colour boost that can't be corrected out. The sensor on iPhone 4 is lower resolution, but that's not really as significant as you'd think.

If you can live with the John Hinde look from all your photos, the iPhone 4 is good, but it really isn't a "photographic" camera - it takes excellent quality snapshots, but I wouldn't try to make prints off its output. The N8 is a breakthrough because it really is the first phone camera that you could even consider doing photography with. (No, I won't be selling my DSLR, but for the times when I don't have it with me...)

The only problem with a 12MP sensor is that when you zoom in to 1:1, you will see the effects of camera-shake more readily than you would at lower resolutions. At "normal" size, this isn't a problem.

However if your pictures come out "blurry", try this: keep your elbows against your sides, hold the camera with both hands, and release the shutter by slowly sliding your finger along the top button while applying more and more pressure on it until the shutter fires.

KrisW wrote: »
    If the camera is your main concern, then the N8 is the one to get. The camera on the N8 is the best on the market, without question. Only the iPhone 4 comes close, but its images are heavly pre-processed with oversharpening and a warm colour boost that can't be corrected out. The sensor on iPhone 4 is lower resolution, but that's not really as significant as you'd think.

If you can live with the John Hinde look from all your photos, the iPhone 4 is good, but it really isn't a "photographic" camera - it takes excellent quality snapshots, but I wouldn't try to make prints off its output. The N8 is a breakthrough because it really is the first phone camera that you could even consider doing photography with. (No, I won't be selling my DSLR, but for the times when I don't have it with me...)

The only problem with a 12MP sensor is that when you zoom in to 1:1, you will see the effects of camera-shake more readily than you would at lower resolutions. At "normal" size, this isn't a problem.

However if your pictures come out "blurry", try this: keep your elbows against your sides, hold the camera with both hands, and release the shutter by slowly sliding your finger along the top button while applying more and more pressure on it until the shutter fires.

Cool I can see myself going with the N8. Be handy to have a great camera & phone all in one. Prob will use it for HD Video also :) Any feedback on the HD Camera?

Also I'm aware that it runs on Symbian. Is This something to be concerned about? I thought Android is the only way to go? Whats your experiences with Symbian?

Also any feedback on Battery, Messaging , Social Networking interface??

Cheers,

SF

Your phone should be a great phone first and a camera second. This is where the Nokia fails the software is just not at the races compared to iPhone.

If you know any in the Garda you can get there discount and get 20% off the monthly cost. iphone4 would be costing you €32pm which isn't bad.

Your phone should be a great phone first and a camera second. This is where the Nokia fails the software is just not at the races compared to iPhone.

If you know any in the Garda you can get there discount and get 20% off the monthly cost. iphone4 would be costing you €32pm which isn't bad.

Can you expand?
    TBH I couldn't really afford an iPhone :( Its looking like the Nokia N8 or Sony Xperia X10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement