Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer help. Cartridge full but cant print

• 25-01-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I have a Canon MP610 printer. Black ink cartridge is full to the max yet the printer wont let me print because the Magenta cartridge is empty. Im only printing a black and white document so i dont know why it wont let me print.

Does anyone know a way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

In general inkjet printers often use colour to improve the contrast around the edges of your text.

Some of the bad printer models completely ignore the black cartridge and make up the black by wastefully mixing all three inks, unless you directly click B & W only in the printer settings before printing. Often you have to do this every time.

So for your situation, see whether you can choose black-and-white in the printer settings after clicking print. Grayscale again can depend on colour, and I'm told, can damage the printer if it tries to print with no ink in a cartridge.

Advertisement