Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Politics] IRISH NATIONAL CONVENTIONAL PISTOL CHAMPIONSHIP

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

LB6 wrote: »
    Nice to see that you can be lead by the voice of one who has had issues with the NASRPC in the past. I know that if I was in the same association as him, I'd be embarassed by his notions of grandeur and low tactics on other matters.

BTW - when was the last NASRPC AGM you attended?

Not sure who this directed at, but i would like to hear this point elaborated.
    SSAI, NRAI, ITS, NSAI, IPC, NASRPC, IBS.....did I leave someone out because I cant keep up anymore!! AKA too many chief not enough indians! We are all shooters and should have the very same interests, Shooting! But no people have to go out on their own to set up something new because they don't like this guy or we want to get rid of them and a million and one other reasons. We should all be united, yes there is always differences of opinion but thats normal. One thing I really hate to see people doing is bad mouthing any organization especially when they are not the ones who give up allot of their time (shooting, family and other stuff) to be part of it and to run it, being involved in things over the years I know whats involved. I never really hear people saying thank you to these people just criticizing them!

You are correct that there is alot of organisations, however there are alot of disciplines and each need their respective representative committee. That committee is meant to have the best interest of their members in mind and work to further the sport, not hamper it.

This notion of "togetherness" is just that, a notion. It will never happen and i have said so for years. Too many with their own agendas.
    Yes the letter that was put on Boards from the NASRPC has allot of bad points in it but in 2009 (is there not a new committee now?) when it was believed that everyone would lose their license I'm sure it seemed like a good idea........

Take for one minute they thought this was a good idea.
    Did they consult with their members?
    Did they tell the Glock owners who are members of the NASRPC that they were going to sacrifice their firearms for the sake of others?
    Did they consult with the other SSAI bodies to get feedback or even give a heads up as some pistol shooters that are not NASRPC affiliated would be just as affected?

This list goes on. As to the committee being different, the core element responsible for the proposal still holds committee level positions within the NASRPC as per their committee list on the NASRPC website.
    So in a nut shell we need less organizations with different agendas (and I'm not talking about shooting agendas). More unity among the community, less back stabbing, less two faced practicing, some gratitude for the people working hard in the genuine organizations. And most of all the fun, enjoyment and safe participation of our sport!!

Are you sure you've read the two threads. Everything you've mentioned has been done hence the threads.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Ezridax wrote: »
    .This notion of "togetherness" is just that, a notion. It will never happen and i have said so for years. Too many with their own agendas.

in my view it is that lack of willingness - not just yours - to accept change - that is the real problem.

Too much looking to the past and licking old wounds

I refuse to look back - just seems to be fuel for waffling - waffling does us no good.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bananaman wrote: »
    in my view it is that lack of willingness - not just yours - to accept change - that is the real problem.
    That's a load of horse manure B'man. People have been working together in the sport for several years now; the problems boil down to the actions of less than a dozen people who keep crapping all over everything and trying to go around rules they don't like for sake of their own benefit and ego, as was the case here and in several other instances.
    Too much looking to the past and licking old wounds
    2009 is too far in the past to consider, is it?
    How recent would events have to be for you to consider them (and please be specific)?

Sparks wrote: »
    .2009 is too far in the past to consider, is it?
    How recent would events have to be for you to consider them (and please be specific)?

I wasn't referring to anything in particular. Simply an observation, from someone who is apolitical as to where I see problems. (This is gonna be a movie at some point - I can see the poster now "I see problems!!")

No matter what is "discussed" and I use that term loosely - the same excuses seem to keep cropping up.

In my view it is always the same - "it's a good ideas but we can't do it because such and such wore mismatched socks at the fabled 1997 AGM of the OJASDIOJA" or "We can't work with them because their third cousin removed once didn't turn up for a Match against Aghascra and we lost the under 12 opening match because of him" or "that wont work because the lads from Mount Mordor are involved and sure the're making orks and going to take over everything" and other such waffle and horse wallop.

All old guff designed to feed peoples need for a bogeyman.

Try this: I'm the bogeyman - you cannot tell while I'm wearing my glasses or a baseball cap - the truth is out - now move on

In terms of what I regard as things that happened in the past - anything that happened before "the here and now" should cover it. Hope that's clear.

i don't care about the past - I am sick of hearing about it - I think it's time to change the 8-track.

B'Man

from someone who is apolitical as to where I see problems
    At some point, you're going to go past the point where I can suspend disbelief y'know...
    In terms of what I regard as things that happened in the past - anything that happened before "the here and now" should cover it. Hope that's clear.
    Sorry, but no, it's not. I want an actual number from you here. You've made it clear above that 14 years ago is too far, and okay, I agree with you there. 1997 is too far back. Even the Supreme Court agrees with you there, in that they said the Minister acted illegally in 2003 in relation to firearms legislation by stopping dealers importing pistols, but there was no point in pursuing it, so let's all forget it ever happened. So let's say that at least 2003 is too far back, and fair enough - people can change over eight years.

So how far do we go before we hit the line?
    You say 2009's too far back - that's three years. But if it's too far back for us to be irked at the NASRPC, then why would it be okay to be circulating rumours or accusing people from other bodies about those rumours when it's not okay to point out documentary evidence of poor form from a later time period?

And how far back are we able to go? Or, to put it the way the law does, how long do your misdeeds have to go undetected before you're deemed to have gotten away with them and for them to be expunged from the record? Not three years you say, so is it two? Is it one? Is it six months? Would six months be sufficently recent that it'd still count as being relevant B'man?

• Advertisement

If you're irked with the NASRPC take up up with them.

I'm sick of hearing about it.

B'Man

If you're irked with the NASRPC take up up with them.
    I'm sick of hearing about it.
    B'Man

Given what you shoot with, I'm not surprised, but you're the one that opened this can of worms by saying that stuff from too long ago shouldn't be thought about. So here's the question B'man - how long ago is too long ago, specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

This is so far gone beyond a joke. Nit picking and abuse of position.

The "given what you shoot with" comment just shouts of desperation!

It's a disgrace to our sport and I am sorry that it has come to this, but I won't be making any more contributions to this forum.

Now for my 2c worth - grow a pair and shut the hell up - it's really rather irritating!

Good-bye!

Nit picking and abuse of position.
    You are having a laugh, you really are.

Still waiting to hear - is six months back still considered to be relevant?

6 months ago today was my birthday.

Did you forget? - Is this what all this is about? - have you been wondering how to bring it up?

It's no big deal - it's a long time ago - I'm far too old to care about things like that now - we'll not fall out over it.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

6 months ago today was my birthday.

Did you forget? - Is this what all this is about? - have you been wondering how to bring it up?

It's no big deal - it's a long time ago - I'm far too old to care about things like that now - we'll not fall out over it.

B'Man

News just in

NASRPC Committee do something utterly disgusting and NASRPC sympathizers think it is all ok, try and play it off as nothing

Yeah I am shocked. :rolleyes:

It's no big deal - it's a long time ago
    So six months ago isn't relevant then.
    What about five months ago? four? three? What about last week? What about yesterday? What about this morning?
    Where's the line B'man? C'mon, give us a number here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

73 Posts

I'm more confused than ever

It's no wonder we get feck all from Sports Council

They look at us as a pack of eejits squabbling and infighting.

In a typically Irish way, we ruin things for ourselves as we could not agree on teh colour of shi*e...........

I think I will take up cricket.
    They are less than us and yet receive way more funding, or perhaps baton twirling :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Well said Tac, not sure about the baton twirling though ;)

That's not the reason we get feck all from the Sports Council. The reasons got laid out very clearly at that Q&A meeting the SSAI had back in October - there was a paperwork problem from the grant a few years ago, it hasn't been sorted out yet despite a lot of work, there's no money until it's sorted out.

As to the levels of the grant when it was being given out;
    (a) The ISC doesn't have a clue as to how much it costs to compete in our sports effectively (to be fair, neither do a lot of shooters) - they think that three grand is an enormous grant, we know it won't pay for the kit for a single season of shooting in F-class or for the travel needed to compete for a season in ISSF or even for the shells and clays for a training season in shotgun;

(b) The ISC doesn't fund sports, it invests in them - and it wants a return, namely medals, preferably in an olympic sport. That's not because they look down on other disciplines (they care equally less about non-olympic ISSF events or the olympic ISSF events that happen outside of the Olympics), but because the Minister gets more PR from an Olympic medal than from a non-Olympic medal. The country as a whole cheers an Irish Olympic medal (and nearly forgets the sport it's won in); only the people in the sport care about non-Olympic medals (look at the response the Irish lads got when they won the world championships in olympic trap shooting a few years back - ie.none).

The internal squabbling going on doesn't affect the ISC much, unless a group in that internal squabbling bypasses the structures in place and goes directly to the ISC. That does hurt us. It's causes the ICPSA no end of grief over the last few years, for example.

Advertisement