Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bjj european open

• 25-01-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

best of luck to the lads from pedro bessa and any other irish clubs competing in the european open in lisbon this weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

There are 4 going from Pedro bessa Cork, all with some serious training under their belts for this, the best of luck, there is always a sizable contingent from other irish clubs that have done well in the past, the best of luck to all travelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Best of luck to Barry and Foxy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Best of luck to all the SBG lads too, they have been training like crazy!

Purple:
    Tom King
    Darragh O Connell
    Nerijus

Blue:
    Joey Breslin
    Kamil Rutkowski
    Dean Donnelly
    Ciaran Maher
    Cian Conlon
    Gareth ?

I may be forgetting one or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Potato/Patato but as far as I'm aware Darragh still represents Next Gen, but I guess the internet doesn't lie.

But good luck to all regardless of affiliation, Lets hope the categories are stacked for such a big commitment from the Irish.

Yeah maybe he does, maybe it's both. I just copied the list that John had on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

best of luck to all the guys representing Ireland :D

just hope aer lingus hasnt tapped out the blue belts!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Best of luck to all heading over to this event!! Hope u all do well as I'm sure u have all worked hard. Next year hopefully for me!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Shhhhiiiittt. Looks like the blue belts aren't going to make it.

Shhhhiiiittt. Looks like the blue belts aren't going to make it.

I dont know about all of them but I know some of them managed to change their flight according to facebook, Cian Conlan posted it and Kamil and Dean Donnelly also changed theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

bjj revolution will be back over this year.
    best of luck to all the irish clubs competing and great to have a team this year in the team event,the team will be picked while we are there
    blue and purple
    oooossss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

TEAM RYANO wrote: »
    bjj revolution will be back over this year.
    best of luck to all the irish clubs competing and great to have a team this year in the team event,the team will be picked while we are there
    blue and purple
    oooossss

Are the teams done by nationality or club (presume nationality)? And if so, by whom and how are they chosen?

The teams will be made up from all the clubs
    We will pick the best guys that are on form
    Over there . We have dome great players to chose from
    Cheers andy

As the senior members of the Irish contingent Liam and Andy are going to select the teams.

Glad to hear the lads got out. I'm looking at the AerLingus site constantly but I'm not out til tomorrow so I might get away with it.

who made it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

one guy (not from ireland) already DQed for doing some very silly stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTea8cwkhg4

one guy (not from ireland) already DQed for doing some very silly stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTea8cwkhg4

thats ****ing gas, 3 times he spiked him, and the look of pure innocence after it is brilliant.

it was just bullying like, could have passed guard after the first one probably. weirdo. he put the video up himself as well it appears.

from barrys twitter.....

Loads of euro updates coming up.First the bad news.Me,Tom King,Paul Fox,Howard Mannion all out first round in tight matches.Dissapointed :(

The good news:Gerry OGrady double gold in senior 3 blue and abs.Nerigus silver purple master.Liam Beechinor silver brown master.Teams tmrw

NICE ONE LIAM..... dont know gerry but thats a savage achievement well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

any word about darragh from next generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Lost his first match to a frustratingly 'strategic' opponent by two advantages unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Well done Liam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Francis Galvin

r_obric wrote: »
    The good news:Gerry OGrady double gold in senior 3 blue and abs.Nerigus silver purple master.Liam Beechinor silver brown master.Teams tmrw

brilliant results lads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shinobi academy

Bartek from SBG got a bronze on thursday, Gareth Mcnamara got silver and Colin Byrne got silver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The good news:Gerry OGrady double gold in senior 3 blue and abs.
    .... dont know gerry but thats a savage achievement well done

Andy Ryan's BJJrevolution and a Judo Black Belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DavidPhelan

Bartek from SBG got a bronze on thursday, Gareth Mcnamara got silver and Colin Byrne got silver

Nice! Well done Gareth!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

from barrys twitter.....

Loads of euro updates coming up.First the bad news.Me,Tom King,Paul Fox,Howard Mannion all out first round in tight matches.Dissapointed :(

I only know of Gerry, but it's nice to see another former powerlifter doing well :)

Gives me a bit of hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Well done to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Great weekend at the Euro's !

Managed to get to the finals. Lost out by 2 points for the sweep, in the final. Ah well no harm , Proud I got to bring home the Silver for the Team.
    . vid's and photos on the way.

Was great to see all the Irish bodies at the Euro's , everyone fought brilliantly and gave it their all & the Craic was Mighty!

Some amazing talent there to watch as well.

Hanley wrote: »
    I only know of Gerry, but it's nice to see another former powerlifter doing well :)

Gives me a bit of hope!

Thats why I'm glad you took up BJJ and not Judo :p

• Advertisement

Olga from Blefast got a gold i think as well.

Olga from Blefast got a gold i think as well.

I didn't see her there. But I missed the women's divisions bar the black belt finals. Well done Olga too.

Savage weekend of BJJ. All of the Irish lads were very competitive and maybe with a bit more nous on how to play the referee for advantages one or two might have gone a bit further.

Standout for me was Liam acting like Scooby Doo ghoul and motoring through everyone on his way to the brown belt final. The final was so close too and was decided by one sweep right at the death. Also Paddy Carmody simultaneously fighting and refereeing I didn't think it was possible :).

I didn't get to see the Black belt divisions as a whole but got to see the finals. Wasn't too happy with some of the brackets being closed but Braulio Estime vs Sergio Moraes was a great match (Braulio took it)

FIRST Olga Lyashevska BJJ Revolution Team
    may actually be a different olga :o

Here's Gerry now..

attachment.php?attachmentid=146081&stc=1&d=1296600697

Team Ryano's FACEBOOK album is packed full of photos from the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tj_penn

Big congratulations to Liam on his silver at the Euros in the Brown Belt Masters under 76kg division! Fought hard and fought well!!
    Here are links to the videos of his fights:

Quarter Final:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4EsxW2ktw

Semi Final:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quo5ZqxubTY

Final:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlR-Kv7HulA

Check out TJ's You Tube channel..

Paul fox fight (great guard game from foxy nearly had his opponents back on more than a few occasions)

Ollie Collins fights (some nice battles and half guard sweeps)

TJ's own bread and butter choke ;)

I think theres another few fights from some more Irish competitors to follow .

And I know he has some great matches of JT Torres and Claudio Calazans from Atos & Brualios & Lagartos fights!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tj_penn

Still in the middle of uploading the rest of the videos but I'll have them up shortly, the HD videos take forever to upload!

Great weekend for all the Irish involved.
    Great result for our team bjj revolution placed second overall in the masters and seniors.
    Great to see us compete for the first time in the team event.
    We had 2 blue belt and one purple belt teams this year
    I'll stick a few photos up soon.

Advertisement