Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event - Dublin Anime Club First Event 4/2/11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Hey guys

I am really glad that there is a demand for this group. Myself and Kitty are quite busy and I am very busy organising stuff for the Cosplay Ireland but we will try our best to arrange something before Nomcon.

By the way a few of us will be at the Exchange on this Saturday in Temple Bar, there will be anime screenings. I will be there and we are hoping to meet older anime fans and of all ages. :)

Have they decided on Paprika or Akira yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

Hey, I know this goes back to over a year a go, so this is a long shot, but do these meetings still take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Dont know if it is, but would be up for setting up a new one if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'd be down with it.

I think most big anime events (Eirtakon etc) are specific spin-offs of particular college's anime societies.

No harm having a meet-up not tied to a college.

It would be pretty cool, we'd just need more people to be interested.

• Advertisement

Just one problem, where would it be held?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I take it I am maybe late replying to this thread. Around a year ago Kitty who is a con goer and myself had aims to set up an independant Anime/Manga society. We planned to do screenings, have a pub quiz and just have meet ups where we discuss the shows in great detail but we both just got really busy with other things. Then another guy on FB organised a few anime screenings in the Exchange which has now come to an end.

If the interest is still there I would love to be involved with an independent Anime/Manga society in setting it up or just attending one. We could have a meet up for coffee some where first or a drink and see where we go then. The Exchange in Temple Bar was a great spot for screenings but I think you have to be a member to book the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Oooh I didn't see the thread way back when, would love to do it! AFAIK the Woolshed is happy to screen stuff once it doesn't clash with any major sporting event or the like, it's just off Cineworld on Parnell Street. They do food, booze and it's a very large place with a few screens so I'm sure they'd help out, especially if a crowd were interested or if it was a quiet night for them otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Little_Korean

Sorry for resurrecting what is I'm guessing is a dead thread by now buuuut....is there still such an anime society about in Dublin today?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Hi there!

In the end, low turn out meant it didn't get off the ground, but have no fear. There are currently so many anime happenings around Dublin that there is reallly no need for another social group.

To follow the latest, I recommend following Nom-con, the @rcade and Eirtakon on facebook for news on the newest events as well as joining the cosplay and congoers group (also on facebook)

Feel free to PM me if that's all very intimidating!

• Advertisement
Advertisement