Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet-ish bar on a Friday?

Options
  • 25-01-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does it exist?! I agreed to meet this guy up in Dublin for drinks (I'm not from the area) and I don't wan to be stuck in a pub that's jammers/so loud I can't hear myself. So are there any bars around the o connoll st area that shouldn't be *too* busy? That's the area of the city that I'm most familiar with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's usually for food but you could sit in Le Bon Crubeen - it's quiet enough, The Celt next door is jammers. The Flowing Tide is grand too for a chat, was there a couple of Fridays ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

madigans on earl street would be fairly quiet and you could get one of the cubicles that seat 2 or 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I was in the Good Bits on Store Street last Friday to meet a friend and it wasn't very busy and there was music which was played at a low enough volume. Cheap booze too (3 euro for a pint of Guinness!) so all in all it was a winner.

Advertisement