Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling mobile number.

Options
  • 25-01-2011 2:03pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10

I have a number that looks like 08x xx yy zzz. I dont use it anymore, but it is still active. I was wondering is it possible to sell this number? Do you think it would be worth it? Would I get much for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Er... nothing? Seeing as you can get them for free from operators. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 beccaface

I just thought it would be worth something with all the repetitive numbers. Its very hard to get a number like this from operators. You usually have to pay extra. I've heard of people selling numbers like this to companies because theyre so easy to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The operator owns the number. It is illegal to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"golden numbers" are pretty cool to have, I have one myself on a prepay sim, handy to have if you know someone looking for an easy to use number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

some body thinks good ones are worth 800 euro

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/1823064

Here's your chance to buy one of the best (and luckiest) mobile phone numbers for sale in Ireland.

086 888 888 ?

Former business number no longer needed as business has been successfully sold. Out of contract now and on Speakeasy with O2. Can be easily transferred on to a new or existing bill.

Of course I will bring I.D and will accompany you to any mobile phone store to transfer ownership details to you.

Superb number for any Take Away, Taxi Business or business looking for an ultimate easy to remember number.

Or maybe you just want to be the envy of your friends...

Genuine callers or emails only please. No private numbers.

I will give you the last digit when you call and you can call me there and then on the number.

This is a once off chance to purchase a very exclusive mobile number.

(Sorry, number is now sold. Thanks for all the interest!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    some body thinks good ones are worth 800 euro

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/1823064

Here's your chance to buy one of the best (and luckiest) mobile phone numbers for sale in Ireland.

086 888 888 ?

Former business number no longer needed as business has been successfully sold. Out of contract now and on Speakeasy with O2. Can be easily transferred on to a new or existing bill.

Of course I will bring I.D and will accompany you to any mobile phone store to transfer ownership details to you.

Superb number for any Take Away, Taxi Business or business looking for an ultimate easy to remember number.

Or maybe you just want to be the envy of your friends...

Genuine callers or emails only please. No private numbers.

I will give you the last digit when you call and you can call me there and then on the number.

This is a once off chance to purchase a very exclusive mobile number.

(Sorry, number is now sold. Thanks for all the interest!)

Is it not one number short?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

the person didnt give the last digit for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

beccaface wrote: »
    I have a number that looks like 08x xx yy zzz. I dont use it anymore, but it is still active. I was wondering is it possible to sell this number? Do you think it would be worth it? Would I get much for it?

How much are you looking for it?

Advertisement