Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea pig wanted

• 25-01-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all we are looking for a guinea pig or two for our daughter. She has had them before but due to moving house we had to give them away and now we are in a position to keep some again. Before buying them I said we would post here as often there are people trying to re-home them due to their changing circumstances so if anyone needs to re-home some guinea pigs or have some for sale (also hutches and cages) please leave a message here and we will get back to you, thank you, Gerry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Gerry,

Where do you live? I know EGAR (East Galway Animal Rescue) had two guinea pigs. Not sure if they are still there but EGAR is on boards so you could PM her if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Hi there TillyGirl and thank you for your reply, I live in Limerick so Galway would not be too far to travel. I have been contacted by another user who has 2 to re-home so if that works out I will be ok, otherwise I will Pm EGAR and see if their 2 are stil available,
    Thank you, Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Hi I live in Clare, 40 mins from Limerick city. I have a young male guinea pig that was born here. He lived with his Dad but he sadly passed away. My other two males don't get on with him and I feel awful having him by himself. I'm willing to rehome him to a family who will get a friend for him. Let me know if your interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That might be a good option getting the male from rabbitandcavy if he's young and fit and well you could have him neutered and introduce a female to him 5 to 6 weeks after the op.
    Just keep in mind that some guineas can live up to 5-7 yrs even some to 10 years.
    The Irish guineapig forum might be another place to try as well esp. if you take rabbitandcavys pig and then are looking for a female once he's neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

He should get on fine with another young male too, just the two boys will not except anyone else into their group :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement