Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total Control Wireless AV Sender

• 25-01-2011 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a "Total Control Wireless AV Sender" box that I want to be able to connect to my Sky Plus HD Box, In my last house I had NTL and I t worked without issue, It seems to let me change channel through the sender/receiver but it will not let me se picture or sound

Any ideas? Apologies if this question has been beaten to death but I did a search and I didn't get anything specific back

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭mcnewberson

Any ideas guys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Unfortunately, your comment "it will not let me se picture or sound" is rather vague. It's an inanimate object; it's not going to stop you from doing anything; but you have to set it up correctly.

Connect the sender to your Sky+HD Digibox with a Scart lead. Make sure the connections are tight.

Connect the receiver to your TV with a Scart lead. Make sure the connections are tight. Make sure you've selected the correct Scart input on your TV set like "AV1" or "EXT2".

Make sure that the signal is actually reaching the receiver. (Try the setup all in the same room.)

Liameter wrote: »
    Unfortunately, your comment "it will not let me se picture or sound" is rather vague. It's an inanimate object; it's not going to stop you from doing anything; but you have to set it up correctly.

Connect the sender to your Sky+HD Digibox with a Scart lead. Make sure the connections are tight.

Connect the receiver to your TV with a Scart lead. Make sure the connections are tight. Make sure you've selected the correct Scart input on your TV set like "AV1" or "EXT2".

Make sure that the signal is actually reaching the receiver. (Try the setup all in the same room.)

OK I accept that I was quiet vague in my initial response Basically here is the deal the particular product works fine in my last house with Chorus. I do undersatnd how to set up the box. But there seems to be no picture or sound. I can change the sky channel in the sitting room from my bedroom though so I guess the transmitter/receiver part is working

Hi All

Still haven't sorted this out, would love if someone could advise, I got the sound to work but still no picture? I connect my sky+ HD box to my tv through the HDMI cable, I then connect the av sender to the sky-box through the scart connection on the back of the sky box. immediatly I found atht the sound was working, but as I mentioned above there is no picture on television receiving. I wonder is there a setting on the hd box that needs to be changed?

Thanks all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Sky Digibox "Picture" menu: change "RGB" to "PAL".
    Check Scar connections.

• Advertisement
Advertisement