Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology 2 BY4002

Options
  • 25-01-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if we have to dissect rats in our labs this semester?
    or is this just a nasty rumour :o

Thanks
    A99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Yep i did it 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Haha it's gas craic.

Except when someone's rat is preggers =/

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Many Thanks NTMK

Not looking forward to that one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

i missed that lab last year, think i couldn't get a lift in that day, but still came out with A1 ... so you could skip it and still do well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

What would they do if you like went to them and were like I'm not doing it ? Like I am completely against doing it at all so I was just wondering if they'd care ? I know you said you missed it last year and still got your A but I'm just curious if ye had any ideas ?

• Advertisement

phish wrote: »
    What would they do if you like went to them and were like I'm not doing it ? Like I am completely against doing it at all so I was just wondering if they'd care ? I know you said you missed it last year and still got your A but I'm just curious if ye had any ideas ?

Have a med cert saying you were sick that day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have a med cert saying you were sick that day

Which you would be if you were forced to do that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Which you would be if you were forced to do that! :pac:

Very true !!!!

phish wrote: »

I think that Sean Fair is still doing that portion of the module, Speak to him when he starts his lectures and explain your concerns that you have a weak stomach or alike. I only know of one girl last semester that left the lab after a few mins as she was upset. I would request a leave rather than just pulling a sickie

Or you could just do it? Its no big deal like.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Haha it's gas craic.

Except when someone's rat is preggers =/

BTW I got the pregnant one :o

but the labs itself wasn't that bad we were in a group of 3 so we each did a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TraskHamilton

Ah yes, I remember that lab very well..all I can say is that no amount of other previous disections on other animals can prepare you for this one, I can't quite put my finger on what it was exactly, maybe the worst part was having to hear (and feel) the crunch of the bones when you have to break back their legs..yeuucchhhh! Luckily, my rat wasn't pregnant..
    Good luck with that lab, if you decide to go!

Ah yes, I remember that lab very well..all I can say is that no amount of other previous disections on other animals can prepare you for this one, I can't quite put my finger on what it was exactly, maybe the worst part was having to hear (and feel) the crunch of the bones when you have to break back their legs..yeuucchhhh! Luckily, my rat wasn't pregnant..
    Good luck with that lab, if you decide to go!

It's the formaldehyde :P

Tbh, I quite enjoyed the pigeon in Animal Diversity!

Advertisement