Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox region code

• 25-01-2011 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey i recently bought 2 games (Cabelas big game hunter 2010 and cabelas dangerous hunts 2011)from america.The games dont seem to play on my console and im guessing because of a region restriction code.Is there anyway that i can actually play them on my irish console?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sorry to say but, nope. I'm pretty sure the console is region restricted. So you won't be able to play NTSC games on a PAL system.

Someone correct me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

chin_grin wrote: »
    Sorry to say but, nope. I'm pretty sure the console is region restricted. So you won't be able to play NTSC games on a PAL system.

Someone correct me?

Some games are region free on Xbox, not all though. Videogamesplus.ca seem to test most games to see if they're region free. A lot aren't though, seems about 50/50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

thanks for the replies so anyone know where i can get the cheapest console from america namely the arcade one...

Advertisement