Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in Drogheda Hospital

Options
  • 25-01-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I'd love to know where these people trained cause they need to be instantly struck off.

They told a family member before Christmas that she was riddled with cancer which, as expected, had a brutal affect on that person and us.

We thought she was going to die in a matter of months. As it's a life threating disease, you would think that she would not have had to wait for weeks for a hospital bed to become available in St. James for further tests. When she did get sorted in St. James, she was told she was fine and didn't have cancer at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I presume you've informed the Medical Council of your findings? Otherwise to complain on an anonymous message board is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ClaudiaSchiffer

I disagree. Why not let people know about these fools?

As I am sure you can understand, this person is still in great shock after what has happened. You have to remember, she was told she was going to die and was left thinking this for months. She is not going to sue this very instant as she is still coming to terms with the turmoil she was put through.

It goes to show, how a second opinion can be life changing. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I can see where your coming from but i disagree. I think the staff are the best in the world. The equipment and beds arent up to scratch, Dont tar all with the same brush. Do you know any nurses or docs from the lourdes? Ask them what it's like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ClaudiaSchiffer

I have family and friends in the medical service so defo wouldn't tar them all with the same brush :)

It's just that right now, we're all still hurting over the chaos that was created by a few irresponsible people there. It's a mixed bag of emotions.

It's not just Drogheda either, I had an experience with another hospital down the country where a doctor sent me home from A&E with pleurisy. She told me I was the finest. The next day I collapsed.

I realise everyone makes mistakes but telling someone they've only a few mths to live, when it's the opposite, is completely off the wall.

I can see your point thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jesus Claudia, they must feel like they've won the lotto. Thank God they got good news eventually...what a traumatic thing to go through!

• Advertisement
Advertisement