Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE.ie isn't loading

• 25-01-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Well,

My thread in After hours answered my question that it is not an RTE problem and its down to my network so I have a question for the the computer techs.

RTE.ie was getting stuck on api.twitter.com when loading with Firefox and Internet explorer.

Yoyo mentioned the DNS but I have had speed issues with a Netgear DGND3300v2 router and Netgear told me to fix it by doing the following under the WAN settings.

Tick - Disable port scan and disable DOS protection
    Tick - Respond to ping on internet WAN port
    Tick - Disable SIP ALG
    Change MTU size. Changed from 1492 to 1500.

With all these reversed the rte pages load up fine.

Any idea what is up?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It looks like RTE's website was trying to verify you, but the router was blocking access.

That's my tuppence worth. Although the last time I played with MTU settings was in the days of my 33.6 modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

It looks like RTE's website was trying to verify you, but the router was blocking access.

That's my tuppence worth. Although the last time I played with MTU settings was in the days of my 33.6 modem.

It is odd alright.

Undoing all the changes they asked me to make and just changing the MTU from 1492 to 1500 brings upload speeds from 25 Kbps to 300+ but brings with it the problem with rte and also donedeal for opening images.

Odd problem.

Thanks!

Advertisement