Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Crime Capitals: Gangland Limerick

• 25-01-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there was a thread on this programme already, but I can't find it.

'Crime Capitals: Gangland Limerick' is being shown again tonight at 9pm on TV3.
    It was shown a couple of months ago, but just said I'd give a reminder for people that may have missed it the last time................

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The old thread, last used 15 months ago, is here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055721560

Why anyone would want to watch that rubbish is beyond me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Pretty sick of Limerick Gangs programs on RTE/TV3 at this stage.
    When its not programs about operations, people with disfigurements, Travelers its back to stories about crime,poverty and drugs in good ol Limerick. Its the same stuff rehashed over and over again. Some Horrible Horrible things happened to people so I'm not saying it should be forgotten about or the stories and facts should not be shown but its the style if you could call it that or the way these programs portray things that is a bit distasteful for my liking.

It actually reminds me of the Piss take the Shams did when it comes
    to the media reporting stories about Limerick. (see Shams thread with links to their mp3's going back a while)

One of their tracks did a skit about a newsreader which went a little like this:
    Three car bombs went off outside Trinity college today killing the people and wounding seven. a man went on rampage with a flame thrower on Grafton street today killing seven people before police were called
    to the scene. The President was shot outside phoenix park today and is presumed dead.

And now to out main story.
    A man walked into a store in Cruises street in Limerick city today and robbed an apple. He actually walked in an stole the apple without paying for it. Limerick City making the news again for very tragic circumstances.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I think the shock from that skit is that there aren't any shops that sell apples on Cruises St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Old news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jumpy wrote: »
    I think the shock from that skit is that there aren't any shops that sell apples on Cruises St.

Compub is just around the corner, writers don't usually get details right :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement