Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom BB

• 25-01-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I had ripplecom out today to assess for broadband and was told the cannot get a signal from the roof due to trees etc but they can get it from out by the road in front of the house. This would be about 10 meters from the house. they want me to put a pole, 7 or 8 feet high there on which they can put the receiver.

My question, what type of pole would be best suited for this? Obviously it needs to be stable in all conditions. All suggestions would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Mossie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mossie wrote: »
    Hi.

I had ripplecom out today to assess for broadband and was told the cannot get a signal from the roof due to trees etc but they can get it from out by the road in front of the house. This would be about 10 meters from the house. they want me to put a pole, 7 or 8 feet high there on which they can put the receiver.

My question, what type of pole would be best suited for this? Obviously it needs to be stable in all conditions. All suggestions would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Mossie

Try and get your hands on one of the poles used for roadsigns,stronger and more stable than what's normally used.
    Make sure you fit the pole so it won't turn in the ground,I used to cut 2 slits it the end and twist out the piece inbetween so the concrete holds it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Co-op or heitonbuckley etc

Advertisement